jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Why Not Ask Your Congressman To Repeal His Own Health Care?

1. Jillian Barclay profile image87
    Jillian Barclayposted 6 years ago

Dear Friend,

Over the past two years, especially during the election, Republicans and a select few Democrats did everything they could to derail health care reform.

Now they've fulfilled their campaign promise and voted for a full repeal. But what most haven't done is given up the affordable, subsidized federal care that they voted today to deny so many of us.

Call out this health care hypocrisy. Send a Rep. who voted for repeal the actual form to cancel their own federal insurance benefits:

http://act.credoaction.com/fax/signup.h … =confemail

I received this from Credo Action and have asked my Congressman to give up his own "job killing health care". If he is so convinced that government health care is bad, he should stand fully behind what he says he believes. Do you agree? How about sending this to your own Rep?

1. megs11237 profile image79
      megs11237posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sent - thanks for the link.

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

My rep is Doris Matsui and she is way cool.
    It's an excellent idea tho.
    Hopefully, the repeal won't make it out of the Senate.

Jillian Barclayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes! For the progressive minds in Northern California!

3. Stump Parrish profile image61
    Stump Parrishposted 6 years ago

I have tried to do this with Mr, Lindsey Graham from SC. I received a form letter thanking me for my comments and asking me to please contact him any time he can be of assistance. I have 17 more letters that are identical copies from each contact. I suppose if he ever did anything I agreed with and I contacted him about that, I would get the standard your welcome and don't I rock response.

I always get the canned responses from my rep, too!  Many times they have nothing to do with what I have asked...They sure do listen, don't they?

Maybe, if we attached a $5 or $10 thousand dollar check, they might take notice. You think?

1. Stump Parrish profile image61
        Stump Parrishposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They prefer cash, They don't have to report it to, well, themselves.

4. Jim Hunter profile image60
    Jim Hunterposted 6 years ago

Ask all Federal Employees to give up their health care coverage.

5. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Why should all federal employees give up their healthcare?
    They have nothing to do with making policy.

1. profile image69
      logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

let them have the healthcare the average American has and layoff the half we don't need.

2. Jillian Barclay profile image87

I second that! The average Federal employee is not complaining about their healthcare coverage. They know how good it is! I have good insurance, but my son who has the Federal plan, knows how incredible his is! No off-shore customer service (the Feds won't allow it)and he never gets the run around that most patients get. The point is not that Federal employees should go without health insurance, but when Congress suggests that any govt run health care is bad- those Reps. should be excited about giving up their own and finding something else!

Even Darrell Issa,(R) presented a bill to allow everyone access to the same plan he has. HR 3438 "The Access To Insurance For All Americans Act". That was done during a rare moment of sanity, I think...

6. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 6 years ago

Great idea and they could give us all back the money we have spent on their health care, like a stimulus check or something.  I'm sure many representatives would be so kind as to repeal their own health care, since they seem to think they are more deserving than we are.  Hey, the Queen of England has nothing on our politicians!

working