Threats keep Arizona eatery's lion tacos off menu

1. Stump Parrish profile image62
    Stump Parrishposted 6 years ago

Threats keep Arizona eatery's lion tacos off menu
    The Associated Press
    Monday, January 24, 2011 11:15 PM EST

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — An Arizona restaurant has decided to scrap plans to offer African lion meat in its tacos.

Bryan Mazon, the owner of Boca Tacos and Tequila, said Monday that his Tucson eatery has received "many threats" against the restaurant, family members, customers and vendors since he announced last week that he was taking prepaid orders for the exotic tacos.

Boca planned to start serving the lion tacos Feb. 16 at a cost of $8.75 apiece.

Mazon says his restaurant received orders from people around the world. The eatery already has served up python, alligator, elk, kangaroo, rattlesnake, oysters, turtle, duck and frog legs in its tacos.

Mazon says he'll continue to bring unique menu items to the Tucson community and his customers, but not at the expense of safety.

It is certaining continuing to look like the temperment of a lot of arazonians is violent. This seems to be the accepted and expected way to deal with issues you disagree with. Most people who prefer not to eat exotic food s simply avoid the restaurant. In Arazone the threaten even the suppliers. Could be the sheriff knew what he was talking about. Doesn't seem normal to receive threats of violence over a menu item to me. Besides they should have told people the truth. Had they mentioned that Sarah Palin shot the lion from a helicopter at a small zoo in Alaska, it would have tripled attendence.

1. Jim Hunter profile image60
      Jim Hunterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You use some really bad bait...really bad

1. Stump Parrish profile image62
        Stump Parrishposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Awful lot of violence out there and it aint all because of the mexican or liberals. But the bait worked didn't it?I am responding to a comment I believe. I would say the bait was of a medium quality in my opinion.

working