jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)

Obama State of the Union Drinking Game

1. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

I saw this on a blog, made some adjustments and thought this would be fun to do.

Whenever the word "Jobs" is mentioned take a drink
    Whenever the word "Bipartisanship" is uttered take a drink
    Whenever The President defends Health Care reform take two drinks and an Ibuprofen.
    Whenever the President blames the previous administration take 4 drinks
    If Obama mentions George Bush by name take 4 drinks and holler "Nucular!"
    If Obama mentions an American family by name take as many drinks as the number of kids they have.
    If Obama mentions the First Lady by name take a drink and throw a kiss.
    If he points at her and winks, keep drinking until her picture is off the TV or starts talking again, whichever takes longer.
    If Vice President Biden falls asleep take 4 drinks.
    If Biden looks confused take only one drink because you'll have to do it often.
    If Obama mentions Chinese President Hu by name, take a drink then burp.
    If Obama mentions China take 4 drinks.
    If Obama mentions China, India, Mexico, and the word jobs in the same sentence drink 2 shots of tequila.
    If Obama says the phrase "our friends  in Pakistan" take a leak.

Whoever isn't sh*t-faced by the end of the SOTU drinks the rest of the tequila.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You seem to have started early.

Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do you have a problem with me?  It's not necessary to constantly make smarmy remarks.

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I'm not much of a drinker. Can we take tokes, instead? Hubby said with the Ds and Rs sitting together, it's going to look like the "Whack-a-Mole" game! Different ones will pop up (stand) at different points of the speech.

It's going to be interesting to see Boehner's expressions during the speech, too.

3. Flightkeeper profile image78

Tokes are good.  And if Boehner cries, you have to take three drinks or three tokes.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lol. I prolly need to go ahead and get started, in that case!

4. Flightkeeper profile image78

Boehner's been practicing his cry all day, so you go right on. wink

I'm wondering if Keith Olbermann will make an appearance just to freak everyone out.  Naah, Security will probably make sure he doesn't show.

5. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 6 years ago

Looks like a lot of people are gonna need to make extra trips to the liquor store.lol

Let's just say most of the republicans and conservatives need to be in some sort of haze just to get through it.

1. ediggity profile image60
        ediggityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And thus the flask was invented.tongue

lol It's a classic.

6. lovemychris profile image82
    lovemychrisposted 6 years ago

Oh come on. Anyone who calls people turds can't be that thin-skinned?
    I plan on ending my 10 year sobriety when Ryan and Bachmann-Turner-Overdrive come on the tube.
    I'll be drinking to the death of America. The slash-and-burn rich people are occupying the House. And that welfare momma wants to re-peal all Democrats.

7. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

That is pretty funny, I must admit.
    We're clever people here. Do we have time to come up with a similar drinking game for the GOP post SOTU rebuttal?
    Actually, never mind.
    Anyone playing this game during the SOTU is gonna be too soused to play another one after the speech is over lol

8. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 6 years ago

I just finishing watch the President's State of Union Address and I was inspirted by much of what he had to say.  It clearly seem to be the right approach toward moving America ahead.

I think it would help if more Americans stopped criticing and joined in on helping to get America back on it's feet.

We to be as people professional criticizers and right now we need much more then that.

9. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I really wanted to watch it, but hubby brought home a movie I've been dying to see - Secretariat. I figured the news cycles would cover the POTUS and the GOP ad nauseum, anyway. lol

10. pilesnoway profile image60
    pilesnowayposted 6 years ago

'Had watched his speech..usual Obama...same aspirational way of speaking.big_smile

working