Charter Communications got this one right, lmao

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (35 posts)
  1. Stump Parrish profile image59
    Stump Parrishposted 13 years ago

This headline came across my home page today "O'Reilly calls Olbermann a 'hateful commentator" and still needing my 1st chuckle of the day, I clicked on the humorous headline and found this waiting for me.

Entertainment News
    Fox's Bill O'Reilly marks no-name's exit
    By DAVID BAUDER AP Television Writer The Associated Press
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 5:20 PM EST

NEW YORK (AP) — Bill O'Reilly marked the departure of rival Keith Olbermann from MSNBC, but wouldn't say his name.

The host of "The O'Reilly Factor" on Fox News Channel, a frequent target of Olbermann's barbs, noted on Monday's broadcast that a "hateful commentator" has been replaced by MSNBC.

There was nothing much in the article I hadn't read and was about to close it out when something, caught my eye about the story. An article about the Faux News Commontater "Bill O'Liely" was listed under entertainment news and not real news.

Thanks Charter, I wont even complain about the next rate hike if you keep on getting it right like this.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4500129.jpg

2. BillyDRitchie profile image60
    BillyDRitchieposted 13 years ago

Um, dude?  O'Reilly is not a news show.  It is an op-ed show.  Ergo, it is an entertainment show.

This is hard to understand why?

Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Every word out of his mouth is considered to be gospel by large segments of this country, just as Glenn Beck's words are. This is not opinions to these viewers, it's cold hard facts and treated as such. I suppose it makes sense considering how many people would rather be entertained than informed. It appears you can call anything news and alot of people will vote according to current affairs or what ever warped version of them they get fed. At least it doesn't lead to violence, right.

1. BillyDRitchie profile image60
        BillyDRitchieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nonetheless, O'Reilly, Beck, and Rush are all entertainers at their core.  Just because someone develops the opinion "it's news" doesn't make it so.

I couldn't agee with more. Now if we could convince the tea baggers of this fact.

Stump, you know full well that the term "tea baggers" is used by the left for no other reason than the sexual connotation.  I don't suppose you would consider knocking it off.....

Tea baggers selected this name to identify themselves did they not? The fact that they didn't make the obvious connection is not my fault. And even if I would consider doing what you ask, it wont be the sputnik moment you think it will be.

2. stclairjack profile image77
              stclairjackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i'm a loyal republican on the central com. in my county, and serve as an officer there,... and i might add i have to resist the urge to vomit in my mouth and swallow hard more often than not,... take the double entandre as far as you want there,.. and if i have to hear the term tea bagger one more time i'm gona scream,... but mostly i'm tired of hearing it from socialy tone deaf ditto heads who have no idea what the other meaning might be for this term,.... i mean realy,.... could one single neo-con nerd have simply googled this before turning it into a national campaign?????

i'm realy worried some compleet dip shit is gona start an add campaign gainst "blowing our hard earned tax dollars",... we'll be asked to oder specialy printed fans from a website, i'm sure they'll be 9.95 or 2 for 14.95,.... and we'll be enchoraged to mail them to our congressmen and women,...  i can hear it now ..... "i blew my senator, have you blown your state rep?"

and yet,.... i'm still a republican,... WOW,... now i'm pissed at me.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
                Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tea Bagger is an obscene and in at least half the cases an innacurate term. I prefer "TeaTard."

1. stclairjack profile image77

i couldnt agree more! if they made a koolaid brand tea-bag, the world would be a more perfect place for ditto heads.

Lmao Jack, thanks for that tirade of sorts. I often wonder myself about the refusal to use at least use google before speaking in public and on the record that is so popular these days. I know most try to be P.C. but what happened to P.C.S., political common sense? There are only two reasons to refer to yourself as tea baggers in my opinion. Either you have spent your entire life in solitary confinement and don't know how the phrase is often used, or you know the secondary use and know that it will become a term of disrespect and keep each side from coming any closer to actually working together for the country as a whole. I'm sure there is a fancy term for that but alas, I was educated in a public school in SC. The textile workers they were busy educating back then didn't need the info or the ability to think for that matter, lol.

Ralph I think tea tard is an insult to respectable tards everywhere. Oh boy, that one's gonna cost me.

3. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Maybe we will knock off calling them tea baggers when Fox changes its name to Fox Entertainment so its clear to said tea baggers that what they are watching is NOT REAL NEWS.
    They don't seem to get the distinction.

Nice dodge.  The left continues to use this term for no other reason than it was revealed as a homosexual sexual term, choosing to ignore the historical significance of the term Tea Party.

For the record, I'm not crazy about terms such as libtard or Demorats, or other terms slung by the right.

Guess I'm naively hoping for some civility in the discussion.  We are a group of writers here, correct?  You'd think we could do better.....

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I think the main reason some on the left continue to use the term "teabaggers" is because it's just darn funny.  The fact that they themselves coined the term was an early indication of their penchant for saying and doing stupid things.  It still fits!

Perhaps they are concerned about more important things than homosexual slang terms....

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
            Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Concerned about gays in the military - concerned about gay marriage - we know what they obsess about.

Et tu, Doug?  Well, at least our leftist friends are united in such lowest common denominator discourse....

1. profile image0

Not really.  Some of us choose not to use the term.  I don't feel it's necessary as a substantial number of tea party members continue to provide fresh foolishness to address.

If the party does something to warrant criticism, then by all means have at it.

All I'm saying is that such low blows are uncalled for, especially among a group of people who should be the best at expressing their views....

1. profile image0

I will take your comments seriously as soon as you also address them to those on the forums who use the terms "libturd," "libtard," and "dummycrat." 

Keep in mind, the tea partiers coined their own term and are now dealing with the consequences of their own lack of forethought.

2. junkseller profile image77
        junksellerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey man!  Teabagging can be fun for all not just homosexuals.

And I'm sorry but not making fun of them for it is like asking me not to make fun of the Wikileaks Task force (WTF).  As far as I am concerned they both totally asked for it.

3. Stump Parrish profile image59

actually this is the first reference to homosexuality I have heard in connection to tea bagging. Always heard it used in a heterosexual context but I realize a mustache wouldn't get in the way.

2. Stump Parrish profile image59

MM, do you actually believe that showing the truth to the tea party will change the brand of punch they serve at their get togethers? They have been exposed to lot's of truth and this hasn't changed their minds about the Faux News Opinion Service and it's message from the messiah.

not all republicans drink the koolaid,..... personaly i like my wisky strait and my pooliics realistic,... keep it up stump parrish

1. profile image0

What?  Another Republican who laughs at the Tea Party and refuses to defend Palin?  I thought my husband was the only one!  smile

were out there, we hide well,.... usualy in the bathroom looking for something fo the nausia,... if they put dramamine in the koolaid i'd think about drinking it!

2. Stump Parrish profile image59

I'll stick to good rum on the rocks with a twist of lime. The lime allows me to claim that I dont drink my liquor straight.
          I to am enjoying the banter and your sense of humor, thanks for stopping by.

4. Mighty Mom profile image78

I have to agree with Stump on this one.
    How can we resist picking up on the name they gave themselves?
    Even without the sexual connotation (which I have to admit is spot-on for them as well!), the name truly fits.

If you are a member of the Tea Party you are identifying yourself with tea. You gather your strength from dipping yourself in boiling anger.

Would you prefer we call them tea cups? Tea cup is a very, very, very small dog.

5. Mighty Mom profile image78

stclairjack,
    If I were a Republican I'd be pissed, too.
    But the word "tea bagger" wouldn't even make my top 10 list of reasons to be pissed at the Tea Party!

i agree, dont worry, its in my top 20 though,... dan quale is in the top 20,... so is sarah palin,...wait, this is a hub and a question in the making,.... stay tuned! ha!

6. Mighty Mom profile image78

Second reference to ditto heads. Does that mean Rush is in your top 20 also?
    Yes! Write the hub!! I want to read it!! MM

hub is done, i had fun,... see you on the flip side of where ever this is! ha!

7. Mighty Mom profile image78

I think there's definitely psychotropic in the koolaid.
    LSD perhaps?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)