jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

John Boehner, Tabloid Cover Boy

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

John Boehner, Tabloid Cover Boy or Playboy?
    In Section: Politics/Issues » Posted In: News, Congress, Republicans Posted By: Kevin Osborne

Less than a month after he was sworn into office as House Speaker, the long-rumored extramarital affairs of John Boehner have landed him on the cover of the National Enquirer.

Boehner is featured on the bottom-right corner of the cover of the issue that's on sale nationwide Thursday. A photo of Boehner's face is featured next to the headline, “Speaker of the House John Boehner Accused in Sex Probe! (Details inside).”

The article itself is a two-page spread that features several photographs including one of Lisbeth Lyons, a lobbyist for the Printing Industries of America. Lyons is one of two women the article names as Boehner's sexual partners, the other being congressional press secretary Leigh LaMora in 1997.

(Apparently, just like Superman, Boehner will only date women with the double-L initials. Lucy Liu and Loni Love, you'd better watch out.)

Inside the newspaper, the article appears under the headline, “Enquirer exclusive: House speaker sex scandal.” For good measure, the sub-headline states, “Married John Boehner accused of cheating with at least 2 women.”

The article quotes Mike Stark of StarkReports.com, an online blog, about Boehner's alleged tryst with Lyons. An Enquirer reporter confronted Lyons, who replied, “I do not want to have a discussion about John Boehner. I have no comment."

This type of attention didn't bode well for another politician named John -- Democrat John Edwards of North Carolina. In 2007, while Edwards was seeking his party's presidential nomination, the Enquirer published a series of articles about his extramarital affair with Rielle Hunter. Edwards later admitted the reports were true and dropped out of the race.
    http://citybeat.com/cincinnati/blog-173 … r-boy.html

politics as usual ?...roll

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just as soon as they open up with Obama's past, like bringing Larry Sinclair and the others into the limelight to expose Obama's propensity for all kindsa sex, yeah, go right ahead and put Boehner in the interrogation chair right beside the Obamaman.
      We'll lose one good politician and one horrible President!  Sounds like a fair trade-off to me!

2. W. Joe B. profile image83
      W. Joe B.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh yes, let's be sure and take as gospel the cover of a trash rag like the Enquirer.  The stories the publish about aliens are all true, too....

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Well come on, Stacie L.
    You know how hawt and irresistible Boner is.
    What red-blooded American woman wouldn't want to get next to that orange skin and have him cry on her shoulder?
    I mean really. The man is a living Ken doll!

Heck, I'm about ready to change my name to
    Linda Lovelace just so he will give a tumble.
    What's that you say? That name is already takent?
    How about Lotte Leyna?
    Little Lulu?
    Also taken?
    Alrightie then. I'm just going to have to go with....

....Lovalicious Leftie lol lol lol

3. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

big_smile big_smile
    or Linda Lusty...

4. lovemychris profile image78
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

Not so fast.....then there's the finger-pointing-man Issa, who'se brother is a car thief, and who was arrested himself-- 3 times. And YOU KNOW, where there's smoke there's fire.

Let me ask you...what kind of "man of the people" writes letters to corporations and asks them what regulations they want removed?

How come he doesn't write me and ask me what I want done??

Oh, and as an Homage to Keith Olbermann: "Mr Boehner, where are the jobs?"

5. AnnCee profile image79
    AnnCeeposted 5 years ago

Evidence points to left-wing activist as source of Boehner affair rumor

By: Byron York 09/25/10 11:00 PM

Onlookers were startled last Thursday when a man with a video camera approached House Minority Leader John Boehner after the event in Sterling, Virginia at which GOP lawmakers outlined their "Pledge to America" for this November's elections. The event had been open only to credentialed press, but as Boehner left, he saw a group of Tea Partiers standing across the street and went to speak with them.

That's when the man with the camera moved in. "Speaker Boehner [sic], have you been cheating with Lisbeth Lyons, the lobbyist for the American Printing Association?" the man asked. "Have you been sleeping with Lisbeth Lyons?" Boehner walked silently past the man and never acknowledged his presence.

Within 24 hours, there was a story on the Drudge Report headlined PAPER: DEMS PLAN SEX HIT ON BOEHNER? It seemed to come from nowhere, but in fact it came from that brief moment in Sterling, and the man who stepped out of the crowd.

The man was a left-wing blogger and provocateur named Mike Stark, who has made a career of trying to publicize sensational charges against Republican politicians.

A few hours after his encounter with Boehner, Stark posted video of the moment on the left-wing Daily Kos website as well as his own website, StarkReports.com. "While everyone knows that John Boehner enjoys the good life of luxury travel and golf junkets, many are convinced that [he] enjoys a mistress, too," Stark wrote. "I began hearing this from several sources last month with increasing amounts of detail, including the name of the lobbyists [sic] Boehner is supposedly having a relationship with -- Lisbeth Lyons, Vice President for Government Affairs for the American Printers Association."

Prior to Stark's confrontation with Boehner, no one had publicly suggested that the Minority Leader was having an affair with Lyons, or with anyone else, for that matter. (Boehner's office says the accusation is completely false.)

But after Stark posted the video of his questioning of Boehner, the New York Post not only reported what Stark had done (without naming him), but also went a step further to report that "insiders on Capitol Hill are buzzing about an upcoming New York Times expose that will detail an alleged Boehner affair." The Drudge Report then picked up the Post article.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/bel … z1DO4Yt7co