CBO- Obamacare Will Cost 800,000 Jobs!!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)
  1. lady_love158 profile image59
    lady_love158posted 13 years ago

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/cbo … 47288.html

You libs like pointing to the CBO all the time well read it and weep, Obamacare is a job killing law!

So now we have 2 lies by Obama on this bill, that it would lower costs, it wont, and that it will create jobs, it wont! How much more of the claims are lies? My guess... ALL OF THEM!!!

1. John Holden profile image59
      John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well that would certainly lower costs!

2. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I  wouldn't wipe my behind with 'The Weekly Standard'. If you want to cite a REAL report from the CBO rather than an opinion by a conservative who works in the CBO, I will take note. As always, LaLo is shoveling smoke.

lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You see Doug that's why you are so uninformed... you only read one viewpoint in other words your mind is made up you will simply adopt the talking points of the left and reinforce them with by reading left wing publications that confirm your adopted beliefs... yet freedom relies on an educated populace... and that's why this country is in the trouble it's in.

2. knolyourself profile image58
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

Weekly Standard owned by Rupert Murdoch.
    Haven't you heard that Fox News makes you stupid.

Yolu know what's stupid? Ignoring the facts because of the publication they appear in. This report is from testimony of the CBO!

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

This sheds more light on the number of lost jobs:

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/sta … lls-short/

The only thing that sheds light on is Pomoitifact's truthometer is broken! The link I posted today is a direct quote from the CBO director. Politifact is spinning by claiming that some jobs will be lost by choice because people wont have to work to get health care... well isn't THAT because of the law?

1. profile image0
        Texasbetaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whatever, you posted 4 lines of a 3 hour event. What a freaking joke you are!

2. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Rose. All the regulars know you are impartial as was your source.

4. knolyourself profile image58

"Douglas W. Elmendorf (born 1961 is an American economist who is currently the Director of the Congressional Budget Office under Speaker of the House of Representatives John Boehner."

Elmendorf comes from the Brookings Institue. "Brookings foreign policy scholars have been overly supportive of Bush administration policies abroad."

You think CBO is independent?

Oh so they ARE independent when they report health care will reduce the deficit.. but they AREN'T independent when they report the law will kill jobs? Which is it?

1. profile image0
        Texasbetaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why don't you post the rest of the transcript? I got the transcript trail that was offered so I could get a copy. Come on Lalo...scared to actually post the context and next 4 statements he made or do you want me to?

Please do Tex! Particularly if it changes the facts... oh but you never did post it! Why not?? Let me guess bc it wouldn't change the facts so you'll have to wait fir OFA or moveon.org to provide your talking point spin to countr the truth... hey why not play the racist card? That hasn't been used in a while! Lol

5. knolyourself profile image58

Actually I don't follow this stuff. As far as I am concerned it is all a scam. Obama's health care law where the government mandates private profits is the definition of fascism and Obama is it's shill. Just seems to me one should know who is who.

1. Jed Fisher profile image69
      Jed Fisherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I truly hope that quack who thought my food allergy was an ulcer loses his job. I'm fed up with paying top dollar for incompetence.

6. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

What I want to know is when are we going to see all the new jobs created by our private sector -- you know, the rich people who just got their tax breaks renewed.
    Isn't there supposed to be some kind of "trickle down" effect with the economy?
    Unemployment is still too high in this country.
    When one of us "lefties" suggest the government creating jobs, the defenders of capitalism say, "Oh no!"
    Ok then.
    When are those happy capitalists going to "insource" their work to Americans again???

7. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years ago

Well, of course, there will be fewer insurance health salesman. That's not a big loss, don't you think?

Now if there were fewer doctors, that would be something else? But gettint rid of all the slimeballs that are making millions out of health?

I don't think that's an issue.

8. Evan G Rogers profile image61
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

let's see, the law FORCES people to buy health insurance, and imposes numerous numerous fines and other perverse incentives.

Prices HAVE to go up - we're raising the wages of doctors (that's basically how ObamaCare will try to meet the new demand), and it skyrockets demand of health care.

How can prices NOT go up?

Anyone who isn't blinded by party affiliations, or love of state, could easily see that prices will have to go up.

And the best part is that people are still considering it "free health care". Sure, it's balanced ---- at today's prices ---- but it sure as hell isn't free -- even at today's prices.

Prices are going to go up, taxes will increase, demand will outstrip demand, and horrible things will follow.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)