Anger Management

1. thirdmillenium profile image72
    thirdmilleniumposted 5 years ago

If everyone had to let go and show his anger with no restraint, the world would have ended long ago. We may not realize it but most of us contain our anger and , in time, the anger loses steam and  just dissipates. After a while, there might not even be a trace of the anger left.

The most crucial part is to come to terms with the anger as quickly as one can, not letting it grow into a full-blown tree a la  William Blake's Poison Tree:

" I was angry with my friend:
    I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
    I was angry with my foe;
    I told it not, my wrath did grow.

"And I water'd it in fears,
    Night & morning with my tears;
    And I sunned it with my smiles
    And with soft deceitful wiles.

"And it grew both day and night,
    Till it bore an apple bright;
    And my foe beheld it shine,
    And he knew that it was mine,

"And into my garden stole
    When the night had veil'd the pole:
    In the morning glad I see
    My foe outstretch'd beneath the tree "

Now, how do you contain your anger, difficult though it is?

2. John Holden profile image59
    John Holdenposted 5 years ago

I don't contain it. I let it go.
    I disagree with your contention that if we let it go and showed our anger the world would have ended long ago.
    I think, especially in this modern high pressure world containing anger lays anger on anger and rather than dissipating finds violent release.

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

When reality does not conform to expectation anger may result. Anger will eat you alive if suppressed and explode eventually. For me the trick is immediate release. However it is not fair to put it on innocents for my own personal incongruities. So I channel it mostly through writing and the understanding of
    why things are the way they are.