Down deep, are all liberal idiots of some kind?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (49 posts)
  1. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

lol  Or does it just seem like that.

1. Smkmdb11 profile image57
      Smkmdb11posted 13 years agoin reply to this

My politically correct side says of course not.

My real side screams, THANK YOU!

2. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh you don't have to go that deep to reach that conclusion! Lol

3. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What makes you think they are?
      Qwark

4. profile image0
      Texasbetaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you have anything specific in question? A broad stroke is in itself, quite ignorant. Present a better argument and then maybe you can get a real conclusion as opposed to asking yourself a question so the mirror can answer it.

5. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like many Libs as people. It's their Ideas that are worthless.

Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh Libs are fine, Tony, just don't put them in charge of anything.

2. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I know, right? The most inane questions get asked. lol

3. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

The most inane questions get asked because we do not take statements at face value. We like logic and facts.
    If someone's argument is devoid of these and we ask (repeatedly) for an explanation, I suppose that could be construted as "inane."

1. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think a lot of people like logic and facts, but one problem is that while the facts are the facts, not everyone (on either side of any issue) is willing to consider all the facts.  Another problem is that some people don't see, or won't see,  the logic someone with a different point-of-view is using.  Regardless of the side, there's always going be one person in any debate who is better at logic than the other; so there'll always be one person in any debate who doesn't get that other person's better logic.

Then, too, some people don't deal in facts and logic at all.  They either want easy answers "no matter what" (because seeing both sides to a difficult issues often means having to deal with the fact that there aren't always easy answers, and that makes people uncomfortable).

Then, of course, you've got your unreasonable name-callers, and your people who find some kind of comfort or sense of superiority in seeing "the other side" (whichever that side is) as "evil" or "stupid".    hmm

Some people like "scrappin'".  Some need to feel superior.  Some thrive on having someone to hate.  It doesn't help that much of the time people don't know which, if any, facts to believe; or that lies (or one kind or another) are presented as facts.    It's hopeless.    hmm

4. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

lol    I would refer anyone here to my reply on the thread about "all Conservatism being rooted in bigotry"  - only replace a few words, switch a few things around, and adjust the main idea of my reply in a way that makes a point - only in reverse, sort of.   smile 

Now, please excuse me while I think about starting a new thread:

"Is everyone who doesn't absolutely think the same way I do on everything a horrible person with nothing but evil intent?"   roll

Yeah, I wonder where they got that "fact" that "all conservatism being rooted in bigotry". Oh yeah, we're not supposed to take that at face value.

lol

I guess it's meant to be "logical". wink

1. junko profile image69
        junkoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Flightkeeper:  I think they got the notion that conservatism (blue dog and dixiecrat) style came out of a meeting Reagan the presidential candidate had in Mississippi while seeking the southern vote.  I believe the meeting had something to do with a southern strategic. I might be wrong but I think that meeting help to give rise to the bigotry root.

2. Smkmdb11 profile image57

To that last quote Lisa...

THANK YOU

I agree, therefor I am not a horrible person. And we are 100% correct. Regardless.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Smkmdb11,

.......and everybody who doesn't agree with us is just an idiot!!   lol  lol

Great.

Well...I guess all thats left to do now is form a posse and beat everyone not like us and who doesn't agree with us. Since thats what us right wing nut jobs do.

We could go to Washington and form a "peace" rally and have armed thugs in the crowds. Man that makes sense!! aha

1. habee profile image92
            habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hasn't that already been done? Let's try something new!

Well the Conservatives need to do it. The pictures on the news of men holding assault weapons were proven to be clips of videos from other gatherings.

It'd only be fair that Conservatives do it. lol

5. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

I sense a pissing contest going on around here

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can smell it on their clothes. I'm leaving. Ick.

6. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Hey, smkm, my husband is from NC - Belmont, next to Charlotte. I also have lots of relatives in Winterville, Greenville, and Fayetteville.

Oh cool. I'm above Raleigh, at the Nc/Virginia line. About 20 minutes from Virginia.

7. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Oh, definitely.  I'm so unintelligent that (if you can believe it) I actually think many hard right conservatives are  religious bigots with limited intelligence.  But of course that's ridiculous and obviously isn't true because NONE of the right wing forum posts here would ever make anyone think that.

1. lady_love158 profile image60

Finally something we agree on!! Lol

1. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Especially your posts. They'd NEVER give anyone that erroneous impression.

8. ceciliabeltran profile image64
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

Fortunately I have no opinion on this matter.

9. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

In tne interest of balance, or being really boring, can I say that it's easy to assume the 'other' side is comprised entirely of inbred idiots.  Strangely though, it just isn't true.  The politics, and religion or not, of people gives no indication of how intelligent and thoughtful they may be.

It took me a long time to realise this, and it still comes as a surprise when I have lapsed into the comforting thought that all my 'enemies' are fools - only to find out that unfortunately they are not.

So I end up arguing with fools, becuase they are fun and easier to 'win' against, while meanwhile struggling to organise my own beliefs when someone I admire for their wit and perception turns out to be a raving one of 'them'.

Sorry to be a bit reasonable here, I'm only posting to get my Middle of the Road Hubber Accolade.

1. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've said before that I was a great admirer of William F. Buckley Jr. His politics and religious beliefs appalled me, but he was obviously brilliant.

However, nobody has enough intelligence for political issues. It's all far too complicated and the goals are unclear.

Would it be better for humanity at large if 99.99% thought as hard right conservatives do? No doubt, but what about that remaining tenth of a percent? Is it right for them to suffer because of the majority? Liberals tend to say it is not in most cases, while conservatives tend to slide much more toward saying yes more often than no.

Fortunately, we have a mixed bag of opinions. Most people are conservative in some areas and liberal in others. Mix and stir and we get imperfect but workable results.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mix and stir is good.  Not too much damage can be done.  Thank goodness for our (your) two terms maximum, we had two and a bit terms of Tony Blair.  I would argue that relatives of a president should not be allowed to stand for any office to prevent the dynasty thing, but that's a minor point.

On your percentages thing I would go for 50/50 as being about right, or perhaps 33,33,33 - left, middle and right.

10. BobbiRant profile image61
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

There are no liberals or conservatives, simply haters and thse who do not hate anymore in America.  Labels are simply something people come up with to hate or not hate a certain group.

11. AnnCee profile image66
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

Not sure if its idiocy or intellectual dishonesty.

The thing I've noticed for many years is that liberals can entertain two diametrically opposing views at the same time without getting dizzy or even realize they are doing so.  And even when you point it out they can't see it.

For example, late term abortion (killing actual babies) is fine, but putting murderers to death is not. 

BTW, who is responsible for all the violence in Wisconsin today?  Is it okay for those teachers to be out there chanting violent words?  "Kill the Bill!"   Yikes. sad   Is Rush Limbaugh to blame this time too or is he only to blame if liberals aren't the ones doing it?

1. lady_love158 profile image60

They are also carrying signs with pictures of the governor in crosshairs!!!
      Oh the shame!!

2. profile image52
      vjmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

AnnCee, for the majority of those with liberal leaning views it is possible to see things from different perspectives based upon the situation. Your example is far too simplistic and rarely applies.
      So now it's not okay to ask that a bill be killed because it's somehow considered to be violent? Bills have been killed for the millenia. That is what's done. Do you have an understanding of the democratic process?
      Your logic is circular and lends nothing to the discussion.

1. AnnCee profile image66
        AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl … bring.html

http://www.newclarion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/walker-crosshairs-1.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vwJAmVJOEOM/TWAHbTaDWJI/AAAAAAAAAIY/n_pdE-Ws06Y/s320/Walker+Crosshairs.jpg

Maybe pictures will help?

Hypocrisy at it libbest.

3. DTR0005 profile image61
      DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

AnnCee - what you say about liberals is true - we can entertain two diametrically opposing views. Some call it three-dimensional thinking, looking at things from all sides. The antithesis of this is, well, one-dimensional thinking - pendantic ideology. "I think it/believe it therefore is is or should be this way." See Reagan, Little Bush.

Also known as double-mindedness, it enhances the slipperiness of relativism and helps to break down any stubborn remnants of taboo that haven't been killed off by repeated swallowing of incongruity and inconsistency.  A steady diet of lies will kill the soul.  But hey, each to his own.

How creative is it to repeat the same social justice experiment over and over again with disastrous results and still think you are creating paradise?

http://www.travelvivi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/cuba-che-gevara.jpgParadise!

Yeah, that paradise called Cuba.

2. DTR0005 profile image61

Well AnnCee - you seem to be just the person to tell us what is moral and what is not... after all, that's your job - your're a conservative. And again, to reiterate what I said earlier which you have clearly validated, "You think it therefore it is, you believe it so it should be this way..."
          I mean I have to commend the conservative mind/ mode of thinking - I really do.  When you eliminate all the sides of an argument you feel you can "ignore" because they lack morality, in your opinion, it becomes easy to do really stupid things - See the Bush Years and the Reagan Revolution. And do you really want to open up the "incongruity of thought" angle being a conservative???? are you kidding me???

12. Bronson_Hub profile image59
    Bronson_Hubposted 13 years ago

May we be so bold and extend this inquiry to ourselves across our entire species?

Hmm. . .   extend the exercise of asking ourselves to include our entire human species?

Nope.  Still don't know what you're saying.

You're aren't a liberal are you? smile

13. Smkmdb11 profile image57
    Smkmdb11posted 13 years ago

I feel like I could start a thread under the title "lets all get naked and play twister" and it would end with comments like these.

Facts back up my side. Your side is full of idiots. Period. <period

14. John Holden profile image61
    John Holdenposted 13 years ago

"Facts back up my side. Your side is full of idiots. Period."

Ah, more reasonable and valid comment from the right!

15. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

Both sides are ignorant if you ask me to some degree.  Whenever you talk to a republican, all they'll talk about is how great the party is and how bad the other is doing. And, vice versa.  They're all sleeping in the same bed together, and neither give a damn about the working man no more or no less than the other. 

Trust me, if you researched a lot of politics, then you'll find all sorts of hypocritical acts and statements by both parties.  Plus, you have to remember that whatever happens during a President's administration isn't always his fault.  Sure, he gets blamed for it because he's the guy that happens to be in charge, at the time.  However, if you do the research, then you'll find there are other factors involved as well.  However, I think the problem with this country is that there's too much bureacracy that it's next to impossible to get anything done anymore.  That's just my two cents anyway.

16. Evan G Rogers profile image61
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

"If you're not a liberal when you're young, you don't have a heart. If you're not a libertarian when you're an adult, then you don't have a brain."

I heard this quote the other day. I loved it.

17. safiq ali patel profile image65
    safiq ali patelposted 13 years ago

But...our world is not as full or as radiant with liberalism as we think it is. Three quaters of the planet live with the ideals of liberalism but in heavily regulated nations. Long live liberty. IT's a fantastic ideal. But we seem to be losing liberalism. Perhaps living mid recession makes us feel that we aren't that free right now.

18. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Meyer Lansky ran Cuba.
    You ought to look into it: Kosher Nostra.

They run all the organizations you spout.

Yes, it was pure hell.

So much better today!   Thank heavens for Che and Fidel. 

http://www.cubaverdad.net/images/leaders/che_poverty.jpg

1. DTR0005 profile image61

Wonder if our blockade has anything to do with that? Just a little maybe???

19. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Define "idiot."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)