jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Would you lose respect for someone if?

1. brimancandy profile image84
    brimancandyposted 5 years ago

My question was too long to put into the title.

My question is, Would you lose respect for someone if you knew that they posed nude for a magazine? Or, if they "Acted" in an adult film? How would you feel about someone you know doing this?

You might find this weird, but I know quite a few people who have posed for magazines, and been involved in adult video. I'm actually thinking about doing it myself, because I need the money badly!
    But, I'm just considering it.

Would it make a difference to you? Would you do it yourself?

You don't have to answer both questions, but I would be interested to hear what everyone has to say on this subject. And, I hope it is not one of those subjects that is taboo.
    And, it's squeaky clean!

2. KristenGrace profile image61
    KristenGraceposted 5 years ago

Nope.  People do what they need to do to get by.  I wouldn't judge them any differently.

3. John Holden profile image61
    John Holdenposted 5 years ago

I would say that if you're considering it, it probably isn't for you but I see nothing wrong with it and would not think badly of anybody who did it.

I knew one woman, fairly prim and proper who thought nothing of modelling for art classes, another who did nude modelling for magazines. Her justification was that she wasn't especially smart and work wise the best she could hope for was some menial work for low wages.
    While she was young and attractive she could make enough money to buy a house and set her self up and to her mind that meant being exploited a lot less than working in a menial job.

Personally, though never asked, I would have taken the opportunity and I don't think any of my friends would have thought any the less of me for doing it.

1. brimancandy profile image84
      brimancandyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

One of the people I know who does model, says there really isn't that much money in modeling anymore. Mainly because there are so many people on the net showing their bodies for free in adult chat rooms. And, more sites like that are popping up by people who are computer smart, who are cashing in on the advertising dollars that go with it.

I would only do it, if one video would pay my rent for the next year while I try to find a regular job. Of my friends who have done it, the most I have heard them make is $8,000.00. But he claims that he did it for fun, not to make money. I guess he already has a good paying job. He says that he is no longer modeling though. got bored with it I guess.

I know that $8,000.00 would sure set me up for at least 8 months. But, I have heard of other guys making several hundred thousand doing it. But, I guess it depends on your looks, and who you are working with.

1. John Holden profile image61
        John Holdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Aye yes, I'm forgetting t'internet and the new exhibitionism where people get their kit off for nothing!

I suspect people who pay top money would expect a little more than straight nudity/sex for their money.

4. Bronson_Hub profile image80
    Bronson_Hubposted 5 years ago

I would her ask for an autograph and if the possibility of me being guest starring could be worked out.