Barack Obama-Leave my state alone!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (22 posts)
  1. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Obama is meddling into the affairs of the state of Wisconsin.  This after he meddled in the affairs of the state of Arizona.
    Did this guy ever read the Constitution?  Did he understand it if he did? 
    The governer of Wisconsin told Obama to butt out, it was none of his concern.  And it isn't.  The people of Wisconsin voted for the governer and legislators in office now after the previous governer and legislature did not have the brains or the guts to resolve the issues the state faces.  If it isn't what the people of Wisconsin want, they will vote them out next election.  My guess is the only ones leaving will be the cowardly Dems that don't have the guts to stand up for what they believe in.  Ironic that they fled to Illinois isn't it?

Obama better worry about his own issues in trying to solve the problems with the federal budget.  He can't fix anything there so he has no right to preach to a state and tell it what to do!

1. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this
      1. Doug Hughes profile image61
        Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I haven't seen any evidence of Obama 'meddling'. Your OP suggests it, but offers no facts to support the assertion. I have been watching the news and the White House has done nothing beyond offer opinions. Is there a clause in the Constitution that I missed which prohibits anyone in the federal government from stating an opinion?

Beyond that, Wisconsin is still one of the 50 states.. last time I checked.

Lol! Are you serious???  Obama called it union busting! I suggest you go to barackobama.com and see for yourself! Ps the tea party will be there tomorrow along with Breitbart... should be interesting...how much you want to bet the lefties get violent?

It IS union busting.. what's wrong with calling it what it is?

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

What else is new....a politician sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong. lol

3. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Apparently he didn't meddle ENOUGH in Arizona, as Arizona is now suing the federal government for not protecting their borders adequately!

Yet another damned if he do, damned if he don't scenario....

1. uncorrectedvision profile image61
      uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Arizona is suing because the federal government does little to protect the national border not its border with California but, considering that California is a tick away from total collapse, they may want to close that one, too.

4. uncorrectedvision profile image61
    uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years ago

I actually love the idea of Obama over reaching even more.  What a boon to the 2012 GOP nominee.

5. Mighty Mom profile image77

Trust me on this one, UCV.
    If California should implode completely, the only people emigrating to Arizona will be from gated, country club communities in Orange County. Arizona will be happy (and lucky) to have them.
    The rest of us wouldn't go to Arizona if you paid us...

CA is beautiful... unless you have to drive somewhere... or breathe... lol

I am from Santa Cruz, 70 miles south of San Francisco. It's what's called Northern California - which is quite beautiful. We refer to LA as the armpit of California.

Sometimes a word less dignified than than 'armpit'..

2. lady_love158 profile image61

I've actually been up that way yes very nice too bad californians are all leftist wackos that bankrupted the state it could have been a nice place to live! Well we ain't gonna bail youse out!  Lol

And we thank you for the usual dispassionate and impartial opinion of Californians as 'all leftist wackos'. BTW, I am in FL now -- the water is warmer.

Pelosi, Boxer, Brown... need I say more?

2. profile image0
            Texasbetaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Leftists bankrupted the state? Then please explain to me how Texas has a higher debt than California does.

6. Mighty Mom profile image77

Leave it to you, LaLo, to reduce the most geographically diverse state in the union to two cliches.
    LA is not California.
    And actually, given the results of our recent gubernatorial election, it's not even Republican!

7. TomC35 profile image60
    TomC35posted 13 years ago

Ironic your profile does not list a location.  I highly doubt you really are from Wisconsin.  You probably do this any time Obama's name is mentioned in relation to any state.

There is nothing wrong with asking government workers to pay in more for benefits.  Faux News has people thinking this is what it is all about.  For you people who get your fake news from them and Limbaugh listen up.  The main issues are, the governor talks of a budget gap, yet lowered taxes, and more importantly, is trying to take away the long held state right of collective bargaining.

Since Faux and them have your brainwashed to think unions are bad, maybe you should do history on how well the wonderful corporate leaders treated workers before their existence.

8. Mighty Mom profile image77

Hmmm. Since 1900 Republican governors have outnumbered Democrat governors 3:1 (15 vs. 5).
    But it was leftist wackos who bankrupted the state, eh?
    Perhaps you are not following the actions of our newly re-elected Governor Jerry Brown. He is cleaning up the massive mess left by his predecessors. Not unlike the mess left for Obama at the federal level...

9. Mighty Mom profile image77

I know, huh, Doug!
    I hope our buddy Tony0724 of San Diego doesn't catch wind of this. He would not appreciate being called a leftist or a wacko!

10. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

I have to admit that I think Obama should stay out of this. It's clearly a state issue and the people and their reps should make this decision.

And I'm a very liberal democrat from Massachusetts. But I would not have wanted George Bush meddling in Massachusetts politics. Come to think of it, I don't want Obama deciding what benefits our state employees get or not.

(He's meddling because his White House political team is helping to organize the public unions across state lines.)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)