jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

US vetoes UN Security Council resolution on Israeli settlements

1. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 6 years ago

Alone among 15 members of the Security Council, the US vetoes the Arab resolution condemning Israeli expansion.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12512732
    At a time when US involvement in Middle East is under intense scrutiny, this latest caving in to Israeli lobbyists is simply crass.

2. lovemychris profile image80
    lovemychrisposted 6 years ago

You've got to be kidding me???

Dammit. Pressure from Israel and Congress???

This would be the one issues that makes me turn on the Obama adm. How can anyone in a right conscience even question that this settlement building is a CRIME?

Imagine if some other country were doing that ANYWHERE else in the world...just imagine.

This is a smarmy move. Smarmy and lacking decency.

And fellow Americans...you complain about illegals at your border??
    How would you like it if they stole your land, by force...with help from our gvt?

This should be condemned. I'm sick that they caved to pressure. I want my country back!
    Gotta go back a long ways I know. And it's only going to get worse with this congress. Owned--lock stock and barrell, as they all seem to be.

3. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 6 years ago

Every human being in this world has a right to live. This right has to be bestowed to everyone, including Jews, ie., Israelis. If the Security Council votes for dismantling the settlements, then it serves no purpose to humanity. Thanks for America once again for ensuring the freedom for the whole humanity, by ensuring the right to existence to Israel.

This kind of veto power (by the then USSR) once ensured the victory of India in 1971 war with Pakistan. Thanks to those who incorporated the veto power in the UN Charter.

Paragliderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is such a thing as International Law. America should not aid and abet continuing violation of the law by the West Bank settlers.

4. lovemychris profile image80
    lovemychrisposted 6 years ago

Yes!
    They are saying everybody has a right to exist, except the Palestinians!

Paragliderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey, have you noticed Nobody wants to talk about this? Wonder why?

working