jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Former aide turns poison pen against Palin

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

I tried to pick the least "left-leaning" source I could find reporting this news (it's everywhere today). In fact, if you read the comments at the bottom you might think you're right here on the HP political forum!

Will this tell-all have any impact on Sarah Palin's popularity? Her credibility? I'm guessing that, considering the source and his motives, it will be roundly refuted by her followers.
    I must admit, I was intrigued for about 5 minutes -- till I read that the author is a staunch anti-abortionist and his major beef with SP is she appointed a pro-choice judge. Ideological disillusionment seems a bit of a stretch...

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/former … -all-book/

2. AnnCee profile image76
    AnnCeeposted 6 years ago

I wish something would happen that would wake conservatives up to Palin's inadequacy and unsuitability for the job of president.  But it doesn't look like this former aid is going to do the trick.

http://conservatives4palin.com/2011/02/ … -2006.html

I am taking heart in hearing that she is not interested in the campaign trail itself and that she understands the mainstream media is irrevocably against her.

1. TomC35 profile image60
      TomC35posted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you think she means what she says about not running then I have some magic beans to sell you.

Many potential candidates down play whether they are running this early.

3. Mighty Mom profile image91

That's an interesting take -- the authors of your link are not refuting the whole book, only one claim (albeit a damning one if it turns out to be true).
    Given the length of the manuscript, Bailey's gotta have more -- much more -- to fill up those pages.

I don't follow what Palin's doing unless it is covered in the "lamestream media." By that measure, she seems noticeably quiet since the Tucson shooting/blood libel issue.

Either she is biding her time (and quietly raising $$$) or else she truly has decided that money is better (and a surer bet)than politics.

In fact, it looks as if Michelle Bachmann has taken up the mantle of Tea Party superwoman....

1. AnnCee profile image76
      AnnCeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl … _lets.html

She did recently give a speech at a $300 a plate dinner.   A photo op with her sold for $9,000.  Sheesh.  The writer of the piece I read about that opined that she wasn't going to run.  I guess she sighed a couple times when asked about it.

4. Mighty Mom profile image91

That Palin-free month is hilarious!
    Cut off the oxygen supply and see how quickly the flames dim!

5. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

sorry for interruption but hi Mom  big_smile

6. Mighty Mom profile image91

Ah, but as I recall the story, the magic beans actually WERE magic beans, no?
    Fee, fie, fo, fum and all that...

Hi Kim -- auditioning to be the next Bond girl, I see lol

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If that's the case, I'm auditioning to be the next James Bond.

7. Mighty Mom profile image91

Doug,
    We all know you prefer your forum threads shaken, not stirred lol

working