jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

FDR Was Opposed To Public Service Unions

1. lady_love158 profile image60
    lady_love158posted 6 years ago

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/bel … yee-unions

I never thought I would agree with anything FDR ever said but he was spot on when it comes to public service unions!

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 5 years ago in reply to this

FDR's reasoning:

Because in the private sector, Unions are negotiating for a larger share of the company profits. There are natural limits and controls.

In the public sector, Unions are negotiating for a larger share of tax dollars, and are allowed to operate at an annual loss. There are no natural controls because the government doesn't let itself go bankrupt, it just raises taxes and borrows.

Ergo, in the private industry, a Union can exist, and in the extreme, can only destroy their own company. In the Public sector, unions can destroy an entire state's economy, and every taxpayers home budget

He was correct on this one i believe.

2. AnnCee profile image77
    AnnCeeposted 6 years ago

Governor Walker has been careful to make it clear that he has NO problem with private unions.

Interesting and disgusting that the Democrat representatives are walking out on their obligation to private citizens as they support the public employees' unions.   

Who do they serve?   They serve their masters.

1. DTR0005 profile image85
      DTR0005posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Heard the recorded conversation between a guy posing as one of the Kochs and Walker? It goes a little deeper than that...

2. PrettyPanther profile image83
      PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Public employees are private citizens, Ann.  Granted, the vast majority are not wealthy ones like David Koch, who Walker is so obviously eager to please.

3. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

I'm looking forward to his expense-paid trip to Cali.
    I actually have a baseball bat with HIS name on it.

1. knolyourself profile image61
      knolyourselfposted 6 years ago in reply to this
  4. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago
    1. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lol I'm shocked that NONE of the libs here commented on the awol state senators expenses being paid by the unions!! Lol! Liberals are the biggest hypocrites!!! Lol

2. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Anything Daily Kos writes is synonomous with what you would find in a cow pasture.

5. Mighty Mom profile image91

The dominos comment (in transcript of conversation between Gov. Walker and "Koch") and specific mention of governors of other states doing the same thing Walker's doing sends shivers down my spine (and NOT in a good way).

1. PrettyPanther profile image83
      PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Imagine how many conversations like this occur that we don't know about.  It's depressing and scary.

6. Mighty Mom profile image91

It gives me a stomach ache -- literally.
    I can't believe the Supreme Court opened the floodgates for corporate funding in politics. What were they thinking?
    I am not anti-business. I am just not in favor of governments (or governors) being owned by businesspeople -- whether they are the Koch brothers or George Soros or Mrs. Fields...

1. profile image69
      logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree and I am not in favor of them being owned by unions either. 

As far as the phone call goes, last I heard it was illegal to record someone without their consent, unless it was the government.  But I guess it's okay to break the law if you are trying to make someone look bad as long as you are a liberal. You would be the scum of the earth if you did it and you were a Tea Partyer or Repub though.
      I would have liked to be listening in on the phone when Barack call Rahm after the election!  I wouldn't have recorded it though.

1. DTR0005 profile image85
        DTR0005posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually, in most states, and I am not saying I agree with this, but it's legal as long as least one of the parties "knows" it is being recorded. In this case, the "Fake Koch" knew.
        I don't find it all that much different than the Conservatives who posed as a prostitute and a pimp going in to the ACORN office and bringing that down a while back....

2. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yet you and your liberal friends have NO problem with the democrats being bought and paid for by the public service unions essentially using tax payer money to do so??

working