jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Sorry I was too busy.....I could not meet you.......

1. gajanis786 profile image43
    gajanis786posted 5 years ago

I just came across a very good quote, "No body is too busy, it's the matter of priorities only". It is no secret that in daily routine life we use this lame excuse many times just to cover the truth that, "I could not meet you because it was not my priorities".

Let's have fellow hubbers point of view in favor and against the above mentioned quote.Thanks.

1. kathryn1000 profile image61
      kathryn1000posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think you may be right or they may have some personal problem that they can't share with you.

2. matherese profile image59
    mathereseposted 5 years ago

I agree with what you've said.  This happens a lot

3. WalterDamage profile image61
    WalterDamageposted 5 years ago

I used to do a lot of work by phone, and one thing that always stripped my gears was to have some receptionist give you the old "he's unavailable" response.

That is the phone etiquette equivalent of "too busy".  And just as infuriating.

Me make our priorities, and I'm sorry, none of us are so incredibly busy that we cannot give someone the time of day, even for a moment or two.

4. recommend1 profile image70
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

Of course we prioritise - if I do not value someone for either their friendship of business I don't show up if something better comes along - as does everybody.

5. Karanda profile image84
    Karandaposted 5 years ago

This is an excerpt of one of the interviews with people waiting for news of loved ones in the recent earthquake disaster in New Zealand.

"My mum sent me an e-mail telling me how much she was enjoying her new job. I didn't answer that, I was too busy. Now I don't know if I'll ever get to see her again."

That young man has to live with this for the rest of his life. Better to find the time while we have it.

6. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

Sometimes you may be perceived as "too busy" and someone thinks you do not prioritize simply because you do not make Them your priority!!!

7. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

A Priority can change from time to time also and one may end up "too busy" for a scheduled appointment. I do not get that upset when someone changes the plan for a good reason. I do not "demand" to know why they did either.
    It may be personal or just not my business to know.  smile  There are times I may or may not tell someone the exact reason for the plan change. But I will always let them know if I cannot make a schedule.