jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Obama Fiddles While America Burns

1. lady_love158 profile image61
    lady_love158posted 5 years ago

While Obama refuses to abide by a judges order to issue drilling permits in the gulf. Platforms have been moved out of the gulf and 1000s of jobs have been lost. We wont drill in AK we aren't building new nuke plants we're putting up road blocks to coal miners all while the middle east is exploding putting future oil supplies in jepordy... so what does Obama decide to do? Give up protecting DOMA!

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

His agenda is not about the major things a President should be addressing.  He's continuing on with the activist agenda he stepped into Office with.   And he's accomplishing it!  Right under everyone's noses, even the people in our legislature that should know the score.   His goal has never been to even "give up protecting" DOMA; he never wanted to protect it; he has vowed to end it, period.  And they don't seem to give a whit.

1. DTR0005 profile image85
        DTR0005posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Uhhh Brenda, he is promoting pretty much the exact same agenda he said he would support if he were elected president. I realize that is hard to believe that a president would actually follow through with what he says, but he has and is. It must have been that "no new taxes" thingy back in the 90's with Big Bush that threw you.  You don't have to like it, and you don't, but don't act surprised by it.

2. Hugh Williamson profile image89
      Hugh Williamsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Is this just a plug for Boehner's website?

(Which is a gov't freebee, by the way).

DOMA - it's unconstitutional, so why waste time on it?

2. Flightkeeper profile image77
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

Actually Lady, if he doesn't defend DOMA, that gives the next Republican president a chance to ignore or defund Obamacare and rescind that stupid decision not to drill on our gulf.  Many voters already see him as a failure as president and these recent acts of his just confirm it.

1. sam3m profile image61
      sam3mposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i sincerely hope you realize that the ban on drilling in the gulf has been lifted some months ago.  read more about the DOMA.  the admin. is saying they will no longer defend the doma by citing the constitutionality of the law, not that they won't follow the law.
      if you still believe that the health care bill includes death panels, you're getting all your information from right wing media who make a great living convincing people like yourself that everything obama does is bad.  read or listen to some objective news sources.  intellectual integrity.  try it.

1. Flightkeeper profile image77
        Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Shiny claims that he has lifted the ban but he hasn't issued a permit since then. And was ruled that he acted in contempt by disregarding the deepwater drilling moratorium through a series of policy changes that restricted offshore drilling.  Do some homework yourself and take your own advice.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-0 … rules.html

1. livewithrichard profile image85
          livewithrichardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

http://blogs.forbes.com/richardlevick/2 … an-lifted/

There was a ruling on the ban just 7 days ago and the Govt has 30 days to act on it.  All the pieces are in place to go forward with drilling.

I hope so, any more roadblocks from Shiny and Co. will cause a lot of hardships in that area.

2. lady_love158 profile image61
        lady_love158posted 5 years ago in reply to this

So the ban on drilling was lifted a long time ago but the administration has been purposely dragging 9its feet in issuing the permits using all kinds of bureaucratic stalling techniques.

Honestly I don't care about DOMA or who a person sleeps with and what they do in their bedroom but the decision by Obama not to defend the constitutional challenges of the law is basically soft tyranny a decision by this president to act unilaterally, but that's typical of this president.

The left wants to trivialize the fact that bureaucratic panels will decide what care is most effective and you know down the line cost will be come a consideration, after all, they are spending tax payer money. We will see all kinds of injustice... the panel will consider the worthiness of treatments for smokers, drinkers and the obese... and of course they will eventually try to impose a standard government diet on all of us too! This bill is beyond onerous!

Ken Salazar at the Department of Interior is finally complying with the judge's ruling to issue the permits for deep water drilling.  The twit certainly took his sweet time about it.

3. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Ooh, sam3m. SNAP!!
    But I hope you realize your facts will be dismissed vehemently, as facts have no intellectual integrity sad.
    Sorry. Facts is facts lol

Boy were you wrong about his facts. lol

4. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

I want to thank you, LaLo, for including a link to Speaker Boehner's website. I find the tone of the comments most enlightening. The ratio of this type of comment to supportive comments is about 4:1 (I only scrolled down through about 20 comments).
    I do hope Mr. Boehner is listening!

Jean Barrett commented on 2/24/2011
    As a 99er I'm sick and tired of you (Mr. Boehner) and my other Republican representatives telling the American public that you are all about jobs/job creation but I have yet to hear you or any other Republican state in a clear and concise way how you will facilitate the process of job creation. All I hear from you are vague and evasive comments to direct questions asked directly to you. Please be man enough to give us real answers!!!