jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Gadhafi, you did not give them freedom, you should go now

1. 60
    attshiposted 5 years ago

Many news reporters are predicting the end of the libyan leader.
    Me too, i agree with them. Libya is no more a kingdom for Gadhafi's family. “France’s position is clear, Mr. Qaddafi must go,” French President Nicolas Sarkozy said at a news conference with Turkish President Abdullah Gul in Ankara today. Sarkozy, the first leader of a major power to call openly for Qaddafi’s resignation, said intervention wasn’t a good option.

Tripoli has been gripped by violence today. About 1 million of Libya’s 6.4 million inhabitants live in Tripoli, according to a 2006 census.

1. Paraglider profile image90
      Paragliderposted 5 years ago in reply to this

His demise is inevitable. Unfortunately, under duress, he has dropped his recent pretence at having matured into some kind of statesman and we are again seeing him in his true colours - a vicious, murderous thug. He will go, but he (and his sons) will not go quietly.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image84
    Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago

unfortunately they're all choosing democracy instead of freedom...

1. Paraglider profile image90
      Paragliderposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The last thing we need is anarchy in the Gulf states. Imperfect democracy wins hands down over a free-for-all.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image70
      Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
        Doug Hughesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Our libertarian friend thinks Libya can be the only country in Europe or Africa on the gold standard. The new government will reject popular elections and be a 'republc'. All the oil wealth will be sold to multinationals and little or any of the national wealth will benefit those who bled for a better life. Fat cats will get fatter so the formula gets the libertarian stamp of approval.

3. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 5 years ago

Whether Gadhafi is right or wrong, his fate should be decided by Libyans only and none else. An outsider, demanding that a head of state should quit is equal to attempt to invasion of the country, and thereby bringing down the government. It is learnt the demonstrators in Tripoli are being fed and assisted by a foreign country.

It is time that all Islamic countries should unite and fight the outside forces and free themselves from dependence on that country. It is better the previous Attoman empire is reestablished, with capital at Damascus.

1. 61
      yasmazeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

quite right VENUGOPAL, have you seen this http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/68765

4. 61
    steman2011posted 5 years ago

Well this post about Qadaffi is interesting-it was posted wrongly I think in Religion & Beliefs it should have been posted in Politics & Social Issues

What do you think

5. 61
    steman2011posted 5 years ago

oh, forget to mention the title of the post.
    Qadaffi the beginning of the end of extreme Judaism and Zionism?

1. 61
      yasmazeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Tanks steman for directing me to that post, I always thought there was something fishy about that area

6. fundguru profile image60
    fundguruposted 5 years ago

There is no place anymore where he could go. He has become a criminal in the eyes of international law in the moment when was ordered to shoot at demonstrants.

The law for crimes versus humanity is very strict.

If he leaves now then he will be trialed in Den Haag, and well his sons, who are involved, too.

Therefore it is doubtful that he will leave just to end in prison, so i believe him that he will fight till he dies.

A key question is, if the western world will wait till the demonstrants win or if they will send troops to hunt him down.

For instance the German law allows t punish people all around the world for crimes versus humanity, especially in political context. This was already during the Bush reign a huge problem, because many Germans demanded to arrest Bush.

You may imagine that now with view to Lybia there are also many Germans who demand actions to arrest all involved in the crimes versus the citizens of Lybia.

Such a situation can lead to a military conflict and certainly it would be totally different than an US lead war like in Iraq.

In addition also UK considers military actions, they already have send one fregate to Lybia that will arrive soon. In UK he people have not forgotten Lockerbie.

Well and then of course there is much money involved. Countries like Italy simply can seize now all assets and property of Qaddhafi´s family and this are billions. So worth a military conflict.

And as people already discussed here, also the French nation has motivation for a military solution in Lybia.

7. 61
    jimfreeman2posted 5 years ago

He will be saved somehow, some powerful forces at work here, check out my post here,