jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Racism in Australia...

1. chigoiyke profile image61
    chigoiykeposted 5 years ago

I know this might bring up some heat but I still have to put it on. Am doing a little research on the above topic and what ve learnt so far is interesting. I have never paid attention to Australia before except I know they have harsh weather conditions and all that but who would have thought that there is a 'significant' amount of racism going on over there. I saw in one forum that the government is even somehow connected. Details was sketchy though. I never knew what that meant.
    Now am not a racism police but just want to find out details to aid my research. So folks at Australia how do guys deal with racism? Other contributions are welcome. I think this would be first hand information right here.

1. simonpeter35 profile image59
      simonpeter35posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I feel sorry for them to be honest. Firstly, geographically talking, Australia is part of Asia, not Europe. Color? Australian Aboriginal is black. So if you are a white man imagine this; "There is a black man come in to your house, eat your food, takes your kids away, making fun of you, he stands on your table and say this "You don't belong here, this is my house, everything here belongs to me, you are stupid, dump and immoral...etc." How would you feel.

To the racists. I don't called them racist, I would rather called them the most f... idiot at the lowest level of human kind.

Why do I feel sorry for them? Because their ancestors were mainly (most of them, not all of them) criminals, convicts whom got kick out of England. They were from the lowest level in the society, what do you expect?

Their argument is, but we were born here. We are Australian. That's true. What if an asian or a black man were born here, do you treat them like an Australian? If the answer is YES then there is no racists in Australia. Unfortunately, generally its a NO.

2. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image61
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 5 years ago

When two people quarrel in the streets, they do it only out of incompatibility between them. They don't even imagine that it is 'racism'.  When it comes out in the news, they describe it as such.

3. mikelong profile image83
    mikelongposted 5 years ago

Check out the film "Romper Stomper"...