jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Economists Planned Redistribution of Wealth in the MidEast

1. AnnCee profile image80
    AnnCeeposted 5 years ago

Very interesting World Economics Conference in October last year.  Looks like the first phase, the breaking of the eggs, is under way.

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

I haven't time to watch videos. Can you give the gist of it in print. I'm curious.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image69
    Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago

Thanks for posting. I watched about half of the two-hour video. What they are trying to do makes a lot of sense to me. Just curious what you found objectionable about the plans to improve education, increase investment, create jobs and a middle class. Is there something sinister about this, in your opinion? Economic development isn't a zero sum game which takes from the rich in order to give to the poor. Economic development can reduce unemployment and poverty without taking from the rich as your apparent fear of "redistribution" implies.

1. 0
      ryankettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

He is probably suggesting that the uprisings in those countries have had discrete external influence, involving MI6 or CIA or something.

Which isn't entirely outside of the box, Maggie Thatchers son got 4 years in prison for trying to overthrow an African government, probably with MI6 involvement, remember?