jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (23 posts)

1st call for impeachment by member of Congress

1. OLYHOOCH profile image61
    OLYHOOCHposted 6 years ago

Posted: March 02, 2011
    8:19 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
    © 2011 WorldNetDaily

U.S. Rep. Trent Franks
    A Republican congressman has told a left-leaning blog that if there is collective support, he would favor the impeachment of Barack Obama over his decision to stop defending the federal Defense of Marriage Act.

Scott Keyes of ThinkProgress.org asked U.S. Rep. Trent Franks, R-Ariz.: "I know Newt Gingrich has came out (sic) and said if they don't reverse course here, we ought to be talking about possibly impeaching either Attorney General [Eric] Holder or even President Obama to try to get them to reverse course. Do you think that is something you would support?" Keyes asked.

Read all about the grounds for impeachment.

Read more: 1st call for impeachment by member of Congress http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=270077#ixzz1FY6FfpQC

TO READ MORE, CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=270077

OLY

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If Dubya and Cheney, along with Gonzalez,  got by with their criminal acts without impeachment, it's a joke to think Obama would be subjected to it.  smile

1. lovemychris profile image79
        lovemychrisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but they will go through with it.
        They will impeach Obama, Bushco will get away with their massive crimes, and we will have Republican control of all the gvt.

America has lost any moral ground....if there was ever any.

I like to think there was----but consider the plight of the Native Americans.

It's a rogue criminal element that runs through her.

And they manipulate people to support it.

Hardly a day goes by when I don't think of those people waving shirts out windows... and jumping to their deaths.....

I will never forget nor forgive.

So you go ahead and "get" Obama.....you are spineless, gutless hacks.

1. bgamall profile image85
          bgamallposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is a diversion from the banksters and their crimes.

1. profile image61
            ShortStoryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As I've said elsewhere...........

2. wormdo profile image59
    wormdoposted 6 years ago

I think that's an incredibly childish thing to call for impeachment over. War, the economy, mounting debt? Pshaw! What this congressman is really mad about is dem gays.

1. OLYHOOCH profile image61
      OLYHOOCHposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, the War is costing, 100 Billion dollars per year.

OLY

2. profile image61

Impeachment really has nothing to do with what someone considers "childish" or whether someone likes the president or not. It is a legal matter. If a law has been broken or the President has violated his oath are the only questions.

I agree that it is unproductive for overly excited folks to yell "impeach!" every time they disaprove of a President or his decisions (which is going to be all the time by at least some people). I think some people just don't understand what impeachment really is and mistake it for some kind of 'recall' process.

3. AnnCee profile image77
    AnnCeeposted 6 years ago

They swear to uphold the Constitution, they swear to uphold the law, but they pick and choose according to their radical left ideology and Obama's effort to gain political support what they will uphold.   Impeach them both I say.  They are not only inept, they are dishonest.  Who needs these hacks?

At least they didn't attack their own citizens like Cheney did on 911. You should read up.

1. BillyDRitchie profile image61
        BillyDRitchieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cheney flew the planes in to the WTC?

Who 'da thunk it?

Nah, but he told the M-16 fighter jets to stand down....who'd a thunk that?

Oh, and who'd a made out like a straight Bandito?

Why, there are many--but first and foremost: Haliburton.Kbr etc etc etc, and Exxxxxon, another Cheney/Rice production.

Oh why bother getting mad....Obama likes gay people for crying out loud!! How can you compare?

Let's see: giving gay people equal rights vs murdering 3,000 Americans.......

hmmm, too hard for me. SNARK

Yeah actually a Warren Buffet Netjet followed the Penn Plane, and Berkshire reported it once and then fell silent. But our fighters couldn't follow planes attacking? What a lie the whole thing is.

Buffet also had a party on 911 at Strategic Command. Buffet was an insider.

1. profile image61

Off topic (not to mention...)

2. BillyDRitchie profile image61
            BillyDRitchieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, I was expecting a wealth envy rant in there somewhere, but instead we got the other overly tired liberal rallying cry "Halliburton"!

2. lovemychris profile image79

Thank You!!

4. BillyDRitchie profile image61
    BillyDRitchieposted 6 years ago

Obama will not be impeached, nor should he be.  While I couldn't disagree with him more on the DOMA, his refusal to defend it hardly rises to the level of "high crimes and misdemeanors".

I would advise the GOP to strongly shout down and disavow any such calls for the impeachment of President Obama.....

Apparently, you don't know them vewwy well.

2. profile image61

If DOMA is the law of the land and he refuses to enforce it he is in breach of his oath of office. Nothing will come of it, but it is not a false charge.

Loony conspiracy theory nonsense is another issue for another thread (or better yet another forum entirely, or for the privacy of a therapist's office).

5. profile image69
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

They need to impeach most the elected idiots in Washington.  That would cover close to 99% of them.

6. Greek One profile image77
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

Thank God for Trent Franks...

a man named named after a weiner

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnXM5TJ3Wf2XE14vjZUcVltaopVYGRJn8qfHbXL6nfC99LMRjq&t=1

7. profile image69

Franksly my dear, I don't give a damn! smile

8. profile image69

No wonder he has heart problems, all that smoke!

working