jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Westboro Baptist Church Scam?

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Re-quoting from BoingBoing

OK, for those who don't know, here's how the WBC scam works:

Most of Fred Phelps13 adult children are lawyers, with law degrees from Washburn University in Topeka, KS. Those that are still in the church practice in the family law firm, Phelps Chartered, LLC. Phelps himself had been disbarred in 1979 for perjury, but his children carried on the law firm. Over 20 years ago, they discovered that if they picketed AIDS funerals in Kansas, distraught loved ones would lose control, and physically attack the WBC protestors. They sued, and won. Sensing a major income stream, they started protesting full-time, hoping to be attacked.

read the rest....
    http://jagattack.tumblr.com/post/344621 … scam-works

I've tried to verify this information and found several blogs and articles about them
    it intrigued me..

1. Ralph Deeds profile image68
      Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a family of con artists rather than a church.

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

All well known to the extent that even the broadcast networks have covered all that.

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

All religion is just a scam, much less this one particular sect. lol lol lol

Sooner or later, the masses will wake up and be stunned. lol

4. Len Cannon profile image90
    Len Cannonposted 5 years ago

This is 100% their gameplan and has been for years.  I am pretty sure I talked about it in the last thread about these dipwads.

5. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I was intrigued how they make money doing their 'protests" and how the Supreme Court is protecting their livelihood...wink