jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

How Al-Jazeera Kills Americans

1. AnnCee profile image77
    AnnCeeposted 5 years ago
  2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Everybody in the world gets Al-Jazeera. Oppps. Not the free-press capital of the world.

3. Evan G Rogers profile image83
    Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago

What  dumb news article.

"AL JAZEERA MIGHT BE STARTING EVIL AND THEN REPORTING IT!!! WE HAVE NO EVIDENCE!!! HATE ALJAZEERA!!! THEY MIGHT BE EVIL!!!"

... ugh, shut up.

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I find myself in complete agreement with Evan. Freedom of speech was not intended to protect journalism you agree with. It's purpose is to protect the minority view. Attempts to stifle a minority view, which this clearly is, is as un-American as persecuting a minority religion.

1. I am DB Cooper profile image66
        I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wish more Americans understood this concept. It's very easy to promote the Constitution and American freedoms when they're for your benefit, but it's much harder for people to swallow that these same rights are granted to those they disagree with.

The Supreme Court handed down a ruling in favor if that homophobic church that protests at military funerals.  Disgusting group.

Correct decision.

4. knolyourself profile image59

"Freedom of the press is limited to those who own one." H. L. Mencken

5. AnnCee profile image77
    AnnCeeposted 5 years ago
  6. Hugh Williamson profile image87
    Hugh Williamsonposted 5 years ago

Agreed.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

--  Benjamin Franklin

7. knolyourself profile image59

"The Supreme Court handed down a ruling in favor if that homophobic church that protests at military funerals." Right or wrong I am not sure. But wonder how they would have ruled if Supreme Court justices were the one's being protested against at their funerals.

"But wonder how they would have ruled if Supreme Court justices were the one's being protested against at their funerals."

The same.

working