jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

What Is Justice For Joran Van Der Sloot?

1. lady_love158 profile image60
    lady_love158posted 6 years ago

http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item= … 252C00.xml

A 20 month sentence for murder and his excuse for leniency is he was angry?? Personally I think he should be strung up by his wrists and his member sliced off so he can bleed out until he dies!

1. John Holden profile image59
      John Holdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Again, he hasn't actually been given a 20 month sentence, he's just trying for one.

He should and probably will get a much stiffer sentence.

2. katiem2 profile image59
      katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I must confess I feel the death penalty is the answer when it comes to Sociopaths like him, heck his own Mother is convinced!

2. simeonvisser profile image87
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

Legally, there is a big difference between planned (prepared) and unplanned murder though.

1. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Who says he didn't plan it? How long does it take to plan murder? All it would take is the instant before he committed the act. This girl was bludgeoned and then suffocated his intent was clear! In too many countries and too many cultures women are second class citizens with a fraction of the value of men... his defense if allowed is a clear indication that violence against women is acceptable and excusable!

1. simeonvisser profile image87
        simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is not what is legally meant by planning. What you are now describing is manslaughter, not murder. Planning means observing the victim, keeping track of actions, deliberately luring her into a trap and stuff like that. If he formed his intention to kill after the girl looked at his laptop, it's manslaughter and not murder legally.

I'm not defending his actions in any way, I'm just pointing out that the law does indeed take the extent to which things were planned into account.

working