jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

Palin Parents Sleep With Guns Due to Threats

1. AnnCee profile image76
    AnnCeeposted 6 years ago
    1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So? You live in a country that allows loonies to own guns, why the surprise when one attempts to use one?

Oh, by the way, were does it say that the man is a liberal nutter?
      Might he not equally be an apolitical nutter?

1. Jim Hunter profile image61
        Jim Hunterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"So? You live in a country that allows loonies to own guns, why the surprise when one attempts to use one?"

If by "loonies" you mean insane then we do not allow them to own guns.

What we do allow is freedom, we took our freedom from your Country and created a much better one.

Somewhere along the way some of us forgot that freedom is a good thing and want to turn us into Quasi-Europeans.

Most of us do not want to be like you.

But we don't have that option!

You filthy European, you will be like the US smile

You can be what you want.

We just want to be free of the European influence.

Its a shame that some Americans think Europe has it all figured out.

As many of us would like to be free of US influence.

It's a shame that some Europeans think the US has it all figured out.

2. AnnCee profile image76
          AnnCeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wish that was true Jim.  The feds are exploring the possibility that the man who shot Congresswoman Giffords is too insane to stand trial.

The feds would do that to show that the current system is a failure.

Then they can change it.

2. oceansnsunsets profile image90
      oceansnsunsetsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How sad... at least they can protect themselves from the hatred directed toward them.  Its incredibly over the top, what grief the Palin family has received over time.  Not much explains it, but some things do.  I think that sheds some light on the truth of things.   

I think that what goes around comes around to some degree.  People won't get away with things forever.  Our world seems to be getting sicker and sicker.  Not a lot explains that either, but again, some things do explain it.  I think its rather telling.

2. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

I had heard the comments from Sarah Palin about whether she will or won't run for president on the radio. I think her comment "whether America is ready for an "unconventional" president is her way of bowing out gracefully....

The other thing that struck me was her comment about "For the last 20 years in political office..."
    So I checked it out.
    "Before she was elected governor, she was a member of the Wasilla, Alaska City Council from 1992 to 1996, and the city's mayor from 1996 to 2002. After an unsuccessful campaign for lieutenant governor of Alaska in 2002, she chaired the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission from 2003 until she resigned in 2004.

She served as governor from December 2006 until she resigned in July 2009. She cited a series of dismissed ethics complaints which she called frivolous and a desire not to become a lame duck governor as reasons for her resignation..."

I have been publically called out for my poor math skills -- just today, in fact. But even I can add these numbers:
    1992-1996 = 4
    1996-2002= 6
    2006-2009 = 2.5
    For the sake of argument we'll give her the 1 year on the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission as an "elected official" position.
    2003-2004=1

4+6+1+2.5=13.5
    Not even CLOSE to 20 years (?)

As to her parents sleeping with guns -- they live in Alaska. Doesn't everyone there sleep with their guns lol???

3. PrettyPanther profile image84
    PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago

Ann, your OP is rather amusing, on so many levels.  First, the story is not true, in case you care.  Second, liberals are nice; if it were up to many liberals, a crazy stalker would not find it so easy to carry a gun due to stricter gun laws.  Third, if the story were true, wouldn't the crazy stalker merely be exercising his 2nd amendment rights that conservatives, especially gun-totin' Sarah Palin, hold so dear?  Lastly, the article says nothing about the politics of the stalker.  Do you have inside info on the inner workings of the crazy stalker's mind?

Just so you know, I would never wish a crazy stalker upon anyone, including Sarah Palin.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/201 … talke.html

UPDATED: No record of FBI nabbing Palin stalker
    By Emi Kolawole

Updated 2:46 p.m.:

Politico's Ben Smith reports that an original Daily Mirror report cited by Fox News (and cited in this blog post) that reported Shawn Christy had been arrested was wrong.

According to Politico's Smith, the Mirror report appeared to be an exaggeration of a statement Palin's father Chuck Heath made during an interview with the BBC :

JL: And people have threatened her life?

CH: Oh yeah, oh yeah. And her kids too.

JL: In what way, what are they saying?

CH: A good example is one guy from Pennsylvania. He sent us and other people copies of a gun he'd bought, copies of a receipt for a gun he bought, copies of a one-way ticket to Anchorage. We kind of laugh it off, we got a restraining order on him, and lo and behold last week he showed up in Anchorage, from Pennsylvania, and fortunately the FBI was on top of it and sent him home.

Smith goes on to write that Eric Gonzalez, a spokesman for the FBI's Anchorage field office said the stories were false, and that an Alaska state police spokeswoman and a spokeswoman for the Anchorage Police Department had no record of any contact with Christy.

Note: The original headline on this post, which read "FBI nabs teenage Palin stalker" has been changed.

4. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Isn't 50% of the population sleeping with guns under their pillows. So what difference would these people make?

Btw- 20% have no need to sleep with guns under their pillows because they have high paid security. And, 15% have no pillow to put the gun under to begin with. hmm

1. Castlepaloma profile image23
      Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No wonder, most gun deaths are suicides.

5. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

True or not, weird or not, sad or not - the whole Palin-family picture is just a little too wild-west-y for my tastes.  lol

I'm sorry...    I can't take "The Beverly Hillbillies" very seriously. Her bowing out sounds like a good idea to me.

6. AnnCee profile image76
    AnnCeeposted 6 years ago

I'm no fan of Palin's and never have been since she has been completely unable to admit that she has a lot to learn.  I think that only a crazy person would be propelled onto the world stage, find herself obviously unprepared and refuse to admit it or take steps to grow.  If she was ugly she'd be yesterday's news or a never-was.

Republicans seem subject to bad taste in candidates.

But the treatment the liberal press and liberals in general have doled out to the Palin family is truly unprecedented and sickening.

working