Wisconcin debate spreading into Michigan

1. brimancandy profile image82
    brimancandyposted 5 years ago

Saw another news report today, where our state government is going after state unions to stop union members to be able to bargain for better rights when it comes to healthcare and pay cuts.

The spokes person for the unions claims that this is a nation wide attempt by republican senators to do away with unions all together.
    And, send the common worker back to the days of drastically lower pay, and no benefits at all.

Republican's say they are only trying to have the salaries of their paid state workers equal the salaries of people who do the same type of work in the private sector. Which is an impossible statement, as not every private company pays the same wage, or has the same benefits for their workers.

This with the republican mindset that a majority of teachers in the state of Wisconcin make $80,000. a year. Which is a lot of bullshit. I know a few teachers, and they are lucky to make over $30,000 a year. Some make less than $20,000.00.

But, there is not mention of any cuts being made into the pockets of the Governor or any of it's representitives, nor cuts in the amount of money they can receive in political donations.
    So, I say screw you! If you can't make cuts in your own pocket than don't expect anyone else to.

Hope this bill gets crushed. But I doubt it will.

2. lovemychris profile image78
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

Funny thing too--all these Repubs who were elected to "stop the spending", are all giving tax breaks to corporate America!!
    They take from seniors, education, poor people... and give it right to corporations!! It's the darndest thing.
    So, in actuality, they are not cutting spending at all. They are just re-distributing it to the top. Exactly as they have been doing for the past 30 years. Only now it's just blatant.

They will all find themselves out on their keesters. No American wants a little kid or a poor gramma to suffer so that some corporate ceo can have extra profit in his Swiss bank account.

These fools do not know what America is all about. They have been horn-swaggled.
    Good thing the People's Party is there to show them the light.
    And this is the real People's Party...not the Koch-funded one.

Koch, by lovemychris:
    Rhymes with coke:::
    He's a joke:::
    His people blow smoke:::   
    .....Literally! *cough* *cough* "I can't breathe!!! All that soot and poisonous fumes!!":::

Koch:::Not Good for America