jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Well, the Tsunami

1. AnnCee profile image81
    AnnCeeposted 5 years ago

Devastating and it will dominate the news for a while. 

http://www.bharatchronicle.com/japan-ea … deos-12648

2. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

I hope they recover soonest and that the aftershocks effect will be minimal. They need our prayers.

In the news, it said that the price of energy will drop slowly due to reduce use of it in Japan (Japan is the top three consumer of it - oil and gas).

Thanks for the link and post, now I saw it, I didn't know about this until I open the HP this am and saw some posts.

AnnCeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi pretty,  yes they do need our prayers.  They are more prepared than any other people but this is huge.

The event certainly does change world dynamics in many ways we don't see yet.  Charlie and the teachers unions won't be at the top of the news heap.  Middle Eastern protesters have lost audience and concern.  Maybe things will quiet down?

1. uncorrectedvision profile image60
        uncorrectedvisionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What will Charlie Sheen do now that his "tragic"  firing from CBS isn't news anymore?

AnnCeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This may be his most devastating "withdrawal" ever.  Maybe he'll manage to get a grip.  Hope so.

3. AnnCee profile image81
    AnnCeeposted 5 years ago
  4. JLClose profile image60
    JLCloseposted 5 years ago

I am still in shock, and feeling such sorrow for the lives lost. I am in a Cali coastal town and we are getting the after effects of the tsunami now... The downtown areas have been evacuated but we are so thankful that we had so much warning. It is so tragic that the people of Japan have had to suffer so much. And to think, there's still more to come.

5. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Really puts life and "news" in perspective.
    Right now my most fervent prayer is that all this natural devestation will STOP.