we the people

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (24 posts)
  1. OLYHOOCH profile image59
    OLYHOOCHposted 13 years ago

WE THE POEPLE, could make your job a lot easyer, just like this,

The Western Libtards can't see the Islamist Evils because the USA Public itself has become accustomed to give away its Decision-Making to politicians. Every 6 years, we vote for Senators, knowing that for the next 6 years we will make NO Decisions whatever in their fields (the notion of "Recalling" Senators given the millions of dollars supporting them is like believing in the Tooth Fairy), and similarly for President (4 years) and House of Representatives (2 years). The only nation in the world in which the Public votes for ALL Decisions (by Public Referendums) is Switzerland, where the Politicians are merely window-dressing. No nation comes even close to Switzerland. The result is that Switzerland neither Invades nor is Invaded, although it has an incredibly strong Military and is the most pro-gun-for-the-Public nation in the world.

1. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe the reason they don't see the evils of Islam is because they are no greater than the evils of Christianity!

Switzerland does not hold referendums for every decision, only on constitutional changes, and changes in the law by request. Never the less, they have the truest form of democracy in the world.

The gun laws are not so straight forward as all males are members of the militia and as such are armed. Ammunition is sealed and subject to frequent inspection.
      When their period of service is complete they have the option of retaining their gun, after it has been returned and the automatic function removed.

The regulations for carrying guns are very strict.

1. KFlippin profile image62
        KFlippinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, yowzah, yowzah, yowzah...........did I really just read the following statement.......?

Holden says: "Maybe the reason they don't see the evils of Islam is because they are no greater than the evils of Christianity!"

Does anyone think that Switzerland would entertain the notion of national Islamic rule? Which is of course the underlying thrust and goal of all the crap the USA has endured the past 10 years?  Exactly what Christian group/sect wants to rule the world and impose their dictates on all citizens, and has been terrorizing and killing and waging war internationally to accomplish their goal?

1. lovemychris profile image76
          lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amerisrael---the PNAC crowd.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like it would be a great place to live, IF its basis were a Christian one.....which I have no idea....

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
        Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you understood the teachings of Jesus Christ, you would know that he wasn't about government at all. The infusion of Christianity into politics is a perversion of a noble religous philosophy.

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Christianity is not a "noble religious philosophy"......true Christianity is something much more basic but ever-so-much more beautiful...

Politicizing Christianity is like pimping your spouse.

Not what I would call beautiful.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's basis is more of a cheese/chocolate thing, plus they make these cool pocket knives that have spoons and can openers.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Not true.  In fact, 5 nations actually border Switzerland.

2. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

I thought it was because they keep all the rich people's
    money with no strings attached?

BTW--what happened to the TP people? THEY said they were for the people, gonna get them the jobs Obummer didn't.

JOBS JOBS JOBS vote for us, we promise. TAX CUTS CREATE JOBS, we promise.

UhHuh....more smoke and mirrors for the REAL "people" of the GOP: Corporations.

OLYHOOCHposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Her is a reply from another Group of mine,

Just a bit of trivia...the guards of the Vatican are only Swiss!

Switzerland can get away with it, but the U.S.A. cannot. We are just too big and our people just do not keep themselves informed enough to make their own decisions. Those of us... who post here and on other web sites are actually a minority in comparison to the great number of people who just sit by until something happens. If we did what Switzerland does we would have either a national or state public referendum every few days. The task of us voting would be next to impossible if not impossible.

As for the Military...Everyone serves and everyone has one or more guns in their homes, and in some cases they have even more. Isn't it strange that we never hear stories about Switzerland?

The trouble with America today is too many bleeding heart liberals and too many ultra conservatives. Normal people see to be hard to find. That's one of the reasons I left normal political parties to become an independent. I use to teach that belonging to a party was important to the proper working of our political system, but now I don't.See More

1. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Like Charlie Sheen said: "Don't go to the middle. That's where the sheep and trolls live...you'll get slaughtered."

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

The Swiss - bankers to the criminals of the world. Beautiful country. Very conservative.

4. lovemychris profile image76

And check out Switzerland's healthcare!!:

"Swiss private insurers are required to offer coverage to all citizens, regardless of age or medical history. And those people, in turn, are obligated to buy health insurance."

Holy Mackeral......COMMUNISM!!!!

5. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 13 years ago

It's hard to follow what Oly is advocating.

It seems like he's a loyal patriot why disapproves of our constitutional representive form of government.  It seems like he would prefer to directly have voters decide all policy by referendum.  I am confused, because Oly strikes me as a teabagger type, and they generally dispute that the USA is a democracy and want to make it less of one by eliminating the popular election of Senators, and curtailing the rights of college students to vote. There have even been suggestions from teabaggers to restrict the vote to property owners.

So the suggestion that he likes a more democratic form of government like one that Chris pointed out has universal health care, is out of synch with the overall fascist philosophy Oly seems to embrace in other posts.

Keep-em-confused, and, a mussed, LOL

OLY

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Your tactic seems to be baffle them with BS.

If I wasn't familiar with Oly, I would say the post was somehow intended to bait liberals. But Oly couldn't bait anything more complex than a hook.

2. OLYHOOCH profile image59

I was going to say that, but, I just got out of the penalty box a while ago. Didn't think I would get away with, LOL

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Huh. I was in the box myself.  Didn't see you there.

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
              wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ron - Can you please put your helmut back on?

6. lovemychris profile image76

It's even worse than that--my mother says that the new gvr of Michigan(R) is going to make it so that he can fire people on the spot, and replace them with others of his choosing.
    Maybe Ralph knows more about it....but that sickens me. Knowing what type of people he would grant himself the power to appoint.

Gods
    On a
    Pedestal  is right!!!

Just ask Doug about it.

OLY

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)