And the liberals thought Abu ghraib was bad

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (48 posts)
  1. Jim Hunter profile image60
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

Where is the outrage for the atrocities committed by soldiers during Obama's reign? This is a bit more severe than naked hooded guys in a pyramid. But the liberals are strangely silent.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/ … ams-crimes

1. dingdondingdon profile image60
      dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who put those soldiers in Afghanistan again?

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
        Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The government. Your tax dollars.

Sure, Bush went to war, but Obama could just have easily stopped it.

Ron Paul's message was "We just marched in, we can just march out".

Obama said he would end the war, he hasn't.

Why isn't everyone angrier at their government? I mean, come on! Listen to yourself! When presented with the fact that YOUR tax dollars are paying for these atrocities, your response is "well, the political party that I voted for didn't START the war! We just kept it going!"

Wake up.

1. lady_love158 profile image61
          lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh well we can't criticize Obama, that would be.... racist! I don't care what color you are if you suck at your job you're going to hear about it from me!

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
            Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LaLo - please make a rational connection. On the one hand,  you have soldiers accused of murder who will be tried in a military court. On the other hand you have President Obama. How is this his doing?

You and Jimbo want to blame Obama. We get that you hate him, but you never made a connection between the Office of the President and the criminal actions of these thugs in uniform.

Wait he's the commander in chief isn't he? Wait didn't the lefties blame bush for abu grahib?

Let's get this out there as you try to break your own record as the dingiest person on webpage forums. President Obama is supposed to know the minds of the 1 million soldiers and prevent them from committing crimes.

If you are defending your lunacy with the wimpy suggestion that 'liberals blamed Bush' - show me where and what was said. At that time most of the criticism was for torture which was denied by Bush at the time - later proved and finally admitted.

I think you are counting on faulty memories as you try to compare events with nothing in common.

Why do you always expect me to do your research? And no Bush didn't admit torture nor was it proved, in fact the opposite was the case. The justice dept reviews the special interrogation techniques and approved them as lawful and not torture prior to carrying them out... but let's not let facts prevent you from spewing your garbage.

"I think the interrogations were in violation of the Geneva Conventions and the convention against torture that we ratified under President Reagan," said the Arizona Republican. "I think these interrogations, once publicized, helped al Qaeda recruit. I got that from an al Qaeda operative in a prison camp in Iraq... I think that the ability of us to work with our allies was harmed. And I believe that information, according go the FBI and others, could have been gained through other members."

John McCain - former POW

2. Jim Hunter profile image60
                Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why yes they did.

Its weird how the libs can't seem to make the connection.

I guess the memo didn't get out in time.

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
          Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You get into quicksand a lot easier and quicker than you get out of it. (Duh.)

2. lady_love158 profile image61

Obama can do no wrong! He's not responsible for anything bad! Somehow this must be Bush's fault or Cheney or the Bankers or capitalism or freedom whatever... but Obama couldn't be responsible be was on vacation or playing golf!

3. Flightkeeper profile image67
      Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's because the libs are a bunch of hypocrites and so intent on protecting their demi-god.  But you knew that. wink

4. Orygyn profile image61
      Orygynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We're silent in the same way that Muslims are silent about the actions of their extremists. In other words, we're not. A cursory glance at the community on YouTube I'm affiliated with will make that very clear. Bush was outright evil, yes, but Obama's been extremely impotent in the face of the tea party.

2. Maembe profile image61
    Maembeposted 13 years ago

Completely different situation.  These are random soldiers acting alone.

Uhhhhh, no, these are teams of soldiers.

During the Obama reign.

Thats the only difference.

1. Maembe profile image61
        Maembeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you can't see the obvious difference, then nobody can help you.

Are you related to Pretty Panther? It's amazing how well felines see through Jimbo. Despite his optical impediment, he's on a mission from God to tear down President Obama by associating any bad news with the POTUS - personally.

When a gang of GIs committed rape and murder in Iraq, I don't recall that any liberals tried to make that a Bush conspiracy. On the other hand there was a lot of evidence that atrocities in prisons in Iraq were sanctioned by the Bush administration.

That's where Jimbo falls on his face with this post. Nothing new.

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Are you related to Pretty Panther?"  smile

Maybe not related, but I can appreciate a handsome lion like Maembe.

Once again the Obama supporters fail to see the hypocrisy in everything they say and do.

Less than two years to go and then the incompetent one is tossed out.

Jumbo - It doesn't matter how many rabid, irrational anti-Obama posts you make. Even if you and LaLo and LaLo and AnnCee work shifts for 18 months, you still have an insurmountable problem. ALL the GOP candidates who might be nominated (considering that the GOP is now dominated by evangelicals & libertarians) are losers. Unelectabable losers. And I think you know it and you are trying to offset the absence of leadership in the GOP by tearing down Obama.

1. DTR0005 profile image60
                DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4820704_f248.jpg

It's hard for me to imagine how such a bungling inept failure like Obama could win reelection against ANYONE! The republican field of candidates is vast and we'll have to see who emerges from the debates but who ever it is will beat Obama hands down if he has the courage to run. I still think Hillary is setting herself up for a bid.

1. DTR0005 profile image60
                    DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

We'll see Lady Love. How's that jobs platform your boy Boehner preached on coming? lmao

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Unelectable conservative losers.

That strategy worked well for you last election cycle.

Use it again.

3. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

Isn't the difference simply that noone is condoning it this time around? Last time all the right-wingers kept screaming it was no big deal and a perfectly respectable form of psy-ops.

1. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello!

USA USA USA......that was the mantra and excuse for everything.

"You must support the President in a time of war."...hello?

"If you don't support the war, you don't support the troops."....HELLO?

You equate killing people to making them wear hoods and getting naked.

Killing people and making them wear hoods is not the same.

You know that...right?

1. Pandoras Box profile image60

One was a matter of policy and one wasn't. The one that wasn't cannot in any way be blamed on the president. Since it's not a matter of policy, it's not a matter of politics. Go preach to the killers. The Obama administration and democrats had nothing to do with it.

You can keep mindlessly ranting if you like, but nobody takes you seriously who isn't suffering from the same disease.

2. Pandoras Box profile image60

A matter of policy and soldiers acting on their own is not the same.

You can't comprehend that...can you?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
          Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

I agree. He probably does, he obviously does, and so I shouldn't have said that. I always miss the obvious. Wow. I never really seriously thought about it that way before. They probably do.

Huh. Good point.

Well, okay, my bad and I deleted it. They can go ahead and ban me again if they like, I don't mind.

4. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

Teams of soldiers who this time are acting completely on their own, and not on orders from above.

Different situation.

Back to double standards for the libs.

5. tritrain profile image69
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

The difference is that Bush had mostly just the wars for us to complain, especially as the wars were new.

Obama has old wars and it's no longer the "fun" news topic of the moment.

We have an ongoing economic and housing collapse, a bloated healthcare plan, Japan in crisis and Libya in a new civil war. 

Remember, our news and news-viewership only has a few short weeks of an attention span.  War crimes are kind of "stale" these days.

6. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

You reeeeeeeeeeally didn't think this one through didya Jimbo?

Please tell me Ron, how do you feel about the killings of Afghan citizens by the Obama administration?

I feel you are confused.

7. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Just keep it going...

Hater!

8. AnnCee profile image68
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

big_smile

Another slight difference,  the GE/Democrat Propaganda Arm isn't all over it like flies on stink this time.

Cause it's irrelevant, and has nothing to do with either party. Just a bunch of dumb-a army boys acting on their own. It's not a political issue. But it's interesting -- scratch that, typical -- that on even something like this y'all wanna try and find a way to fault the left.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)