jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Should Obama Return His Nobel Peace Prize?

1. lady_love158 profile image60
    lady_love158posted 5 years ago

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- … 03544.html

Leaders around the globe are calling for just that! Personally I don't think it should have ever been awarded to him after only 3 weeks in office. Even the code pink founder agrees with me!

2. Maembe profile image61
    Maembeposted 5 years ago

Certainly not because of what's happening in Libya.  It's not like he started a war or anything.  He probably shouldn't have gotten it in the first place though.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image83
      Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bombing a sovereign nation IS a declaration of war.

Obama declared war against Libya without even consulting Congress.

Not only should he give up his Nobel Prize, but he should be arrested.

3. dahoglund profile image83
    dahoglundposted 5 years ago

I think that prize has become irrelevant anyhow since it has become so political.

4. Flightkeeper profile image77
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

I agree that the Nobel prize is meaningless because they award it for political purposes.  It was meaningless when it was awarded to Obama because the circumstances were so laughable.  But it is telling and actually somewhat pathetic that Shiny wants to hang on to it.

5. BillyDRitchie profile image60
    BillyDRitchieposted 5 years ago

Remind me again what he did to deserve it in the first place.....

6. Arthur Fontes profile image90
    Arthur Fontesposted 5 years ago

I think maybe he actually received a Nobel Peas prize,  we know how much Michelle likes her veggies.

7. tritrain profile image77
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

Yes.  It was preposterous to award someone for what they might do anyway.

8. Bellamie profile image60
    Bellamieposted 5 years ago

I don't think anyone that holds a political position, especially our president, should be able to accept rewards, gratuities, gifts while in office.  He is supposed to be doing a job for our nation and what DID he do to earn such a prize? Better yet, if he did do something of great import was it for our country or someone elses? Seems the Nobel is handed out like candy these days.