Syria Killing Dozens Of Pro Democracy Protestors Where Is Obama?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (50 posts)
  1. lady_love158 profile image59
    lady_love158posted 13 years ago

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl … 79830.html

How can Obama stand by while this tyrant kills his own people showing no mercy?? Where is the UN the French the Brits the Arab League?

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

does syria have oil...If yes USA is interested...If no..what can it do?...It is less to do with Obama and more to do with how usa works...

2. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How many hate-filled, idiotic, Obama-bashing posts can we expect from LaLo today?

5 a day seems to be her mantra...

2. lady_love158 profile image59
        lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where is the hate in this one doug? The only hate I see is from you and your constant insults of me and the right!

well how is doug's comment insult to right...you dont represent entire right , do you?..you represent yourself and your ideology are inclined towards right...even right politicians are dont criticize obama daily...they too know it is not right to criticize any one daily smile

1. Jeff Berndt profile image72
            Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Both the right and the left have their partisan scoundrels.

2. bgamall profile image67
          bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your posts need correction continually. I think in the case of Syria, it would do little good to intervene as they all hate the US. Better to show them we can help their brethren against a tyrant who has oil, without stealing the oil.

Most of the middle east rightly knows we went into Iraq to steal oil. They hate us for that.

3. kerryg profile image85
      kerrygposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whatever. You could say the same of Darfur, the Congo, Tibet.... Haven't you figured out that the US only does "humanitarian" missions when we have something to gain? tongue

quite right infact obama can be accused of acting as if he is right party inclined here...lol  so left must taken objection to this...

2. lady_love158 profile image59

What's to gain here? Most of Libya's oil goes to Europe. Besides if we would just drill in our own country we wouldn't need any of theirs!

1. kerryg profile image85
          kerrygposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That only supports my point! This is a lose lose for the USA.

3. superwags profile image66
        superwagsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In response to my question last week about whether the western nations should involve themselves to save lives in Libya, you replied;

"We should butt out... when Muslims are busy killing each other they don't have time to kill us."

Would you like to comment on the various differences and merits of acting on Syria, but not on Libya?

No my post is to highlight the hypocrisy of the Obama policy.

1. superwags profile image66

Well,

a) this isn't really Obama policy - this is a UN resolution brought forward by France and the UK.

b) Is your point then; "we can't do everything and help everyone, let's help no-one"?

I'm not sure I follow you...

My point is we don't have a well defined mission that's achievable. Nor is this action required for our nation's defense, nor does it serve any American interest. The justification also is ridiculous and selective. Nowhere in our constitution is there anything that empowers the expenditure of tax payers funds to help people.

USA never does anything which is not in its interest barring Iraq war done by bush ...USA did right thing to take un on board before attacking libya...Obama is decent enough to take world community in confidence which is good for usa after arrogance of bush which made usa unpopular...

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
                  VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Arrogance of Bush..... Obama is decent.....

If another tower falls in USA or if the pentagon is attacked again or if the white house is targeted again by terrorists, Obama will also turn arrogant.   

Bush was really a decent gentleman until the twin towers fell.  But it is sad that the same Americans who lauded him when he engaged Iraq and Afganistan became Bush-haters.  Memory can be erased... but not history.

Afghan was different..there was no choice...If someone blows your two towers , you can't help but attack...Iraq is different story and Iraq was not backed by united nations nor was popular act... saddam was brutal but after him being gone , usa has indirectly helped its own enemy IRAN who has most to gain in that region after USA goes...Bush's personal quest led to disaster and you are right history cannot be forgotten and mark my words , 20 years down the line Iraq would be considered as one of biggest mistakes done by USA...

Iraq was indeed backed by UN resolutions. In fact Bush went to the UN twice before attacking Iraq. Obama made up his mind to bomb Libya on Tuesday and didn't bother to go to congress. Instead he call 30 or so congressman to the White House just before he was leaving for South America to tell them in 90 minutes Libya will be bombed! Does that sound like a leader to you?

2. Greek One profile image63
                Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can't speak for what is in American interests, but I think it is in Canada's interest.. and in the interest of humanity, that whenever possible and realistic, we help people who are willing to lay down their lives for freedom over their sadistic dictators.

We don't even know who or what these people are! The may be al queada for all we know! One thing is for sure they lack leadership organization fire power and strategy. Kadaffy's troops are riding around in trucks and killing them en mass. If someone is going to save them it will require boots on the ground. Whoever wants to do that be my guest but it shouldn't be Americans. Hey may've the stoners in Canada can put down their spliffs and pick up some guns grow some balls and save them?

1. recommend1 profile image60
                    recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Due to the incredibly active posting of political anti-Obama threads it is clear you are being paid, come on - tell me where I can go to earn such easy money, who is paying you. I note that as one hoohah merchant quits another pops up immediately, so come on let me in on it, I don't mind waiting until your term is up and they move you to another site.

2. Greek One profile image63
                    Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They are human beings who don't want to be ruled by a tyrant.

What they lack is the military resources to topple a regime which has blown passenger jets out of the sky in  the past.   THEY are the boots on the ground... but their could use some weapons.

'Stonners' from Canada are currently flying bombing missions over Libya with our American allies designed to destroy the weapons of the dictator .. that is, excluding the few hundred that have died or been injured in Afghanistan. having gone there after 10,000 Americans were killed on 911.

1. Sufidreamer profile image78
                      Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed, Greek - Normally, I treat LL's posts as comedy rantings, but that one went too far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_F … istan#2010

They deserve better than snide comments questioning their courage.

3. dingdondingdon profile image60
                    dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The coalition led by France and the UK (not America) have currently decided to establish a no-fly zone over Libya so that Gaddafi's air forces cannot attack Libyan rebels from the air. The hope is that this will empower the Libyan rebels to fight more effectively against Gaddafi's troops. They are the "boots on the ground".

2. Jeff Berndt profile image72

Well done, since it highlights your own instead.

Another point missed by the left *sigh* I guess I have to spell it out for you... Obama's justification for going into Libya was to prevent innocent civilans from being slaughtered by a brutal dictator... yet its okay if Syria does it or Suadi Arabia or Iran ir Sudan? Thats the hypocrisy.  I am NOT advocating intervention in any of those places.

4. Jeff Berndt profile image72

Do you realize how hypocritical this thread is, coming form you, LaLo? I mean, after the series of threads you started that condemn Obama for getting involved in Libya, like this one, this one, this one, and most recently, this one in which you explicitly state that "we should not be involved" in Libya, now you are calling for the President to get us involved in Syria?

What hypocrisy.

You don't seem to give a darn about anything other than spinning any event--no matter what it is--to pretend Obama is evil.

I bet if Obama discovered a cure for cancer, you'd condemn him for putting oncologists out of a job.

5. profile image0
        jerrylposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lalo,  This is in reply to you OP, where you ask:  "How can Obama stand by while this tyrant kills his own people showing no mercy".

In the thread titled "Kucinich calls for Obama impeachment",
        This was one of your comments:

Afghanistan was for oil??? Lol! I guess you missed 9/11!

Since when is it the responsibility of the US to save people in other countries from death persecution or injustice? Where is that in the constitution? We have no business being there but if the rest of the world wants us to take out Kadaffy then we should be compensated for it! Maybe well do it for their oil? Why not? Why should we use ours and pollute our environment when we can do it elsewhere! Maybe we should just kill them all and take their oil? Why not? That would serve our interest right? After all we do have the power so who could stop us? Yes I think that's a good idea! Let's mobilize evil destructive exploitive America and just take what we want! We shouldn't have to pay a lot for gas or be uncomfortable.

LaLo, Just what is your position?
        Damned if we do or damned if we don't in your eyes.  Make up your mind.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image72

"LaLo, Just what is your position?"
          Obama bad! Obama evil! Obama Communist like Hitler!

I think that sums it up.

2. profile image0
          jerrylposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LaLo,  Why have you disappeared?  Why don't you respond to my post above?
          You are twofaced!  You were caught again talking out of the other side of your mouth!
          What a farce you are!   Get a life!
          You talk about how Obama cannot get anything straight, when you cannot remember from one minute to the next what BS you have put out!

Do you not recognize sarcasam when you see it? Gesh you lefties hate me sooo much you're looking for any way to attack me!

4. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

The reality of each situation is different.. has different circumstances, and different things that the international community can realistically do based on the reality on the ground..

Egypt was different than Libya, which is different than Syria.. which is different than the situation in Iran, which was different from the protests in China years ago.

The common thread is that people want their rights... how the world can best help them in their struggle against their dictators is unique to each place... based on the many factors including: how widespread the uprisings are, how much control the military ruling regime is able to maintain, how united the opposition is and the willingness of other nations in the region to get involved.

Not to mention the degree to which domestic forces want to bring partisan rhetoric into the debate to score their own political points

5. Mighty Mom profile image77
      Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

So are you saying that
      a) American should not be involved in Libya but should now help the Syrians?
      b) Americans should be more involved in Libya but should not help the Syrians?
      c) America should not help anyone because helping other countries is not explicitly stated in the Constitution?
      d) If America drilled its own oil we would never have to worry about any other country, because the only reason we care about anyone anywhere is their oil?
      e) Canadians are not doing their part in helping American in any/all of these military actions because they are a cowardly country of potheads?
      f) Obama sucks?

Have I missed any of the accusations or permutations of accusations? roll

1. superwags profile image66

She doesn't know what she's say, as per usual. She just knows that she hates Obama/ anyone to the left of Mussolini.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image72

No, you seem to have summed it up rather well.

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
          Mighty Momposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I must have, since I did not elicit a response. smile

6. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
      VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 13 years ago

All citizens of a country are committed to consider their government as their own and should defend it. If they Protest or create trouble, they are bound to be controlled by whatever means available by the government.

The Syrian government is not killing those who are sleeping in their homes. Those who come out and stage protest demonstrations are bound to get the blows. So, first ask the protesters to return home and let them submit their complaints to the government in a peaceful way. Let them not expect Americans will come and overthrow their government.. It is dangerous.

7. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years ago

@lady why ask others than the man in center...On September 16, 2004 Secretary-General of the United Nations Kofi Annan, speaking on the invasion, said, "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN Charter. From our point of view, from the charter point of view, it was illegal."

so UN didnt back it...over zeal of bush for waging war made usa pay heavy price which it is still paying and worst price would be paid by iraq ...region got reduced to two political powers...saudi and iran...usa's interest got hindered...no president would have done more loss to usa than that..it would take 10 obamas to match king bush -II

Again that was Kofi Anan's "view" but his view doesn't make it so nor does it make it fact. As in all things there is a up side and a down side. I think its safe to say the Uraqis are better off without Saddam,  but will our action be a net positive for the USA? Time will tell.

I think its safe to say the Uraqis are better off without Saddam... well if being at risk of life is called better off then yes...saddam was brutal , killed many of his own citizens but he could maintain law and order which once usa goes would be difficult for present regime to maintain...secondly iraq has risk of getting split of ethinic ground...

coming  to Kofi Anan what do you mean by his view...we all saw what bush did when his views considered iraq to be threat..he ended up killing 0.1 million people....Kofi anan knows more than you , me and bush about united nation charters , he was Secretary-General of the United Nations  and when he says it was illegal ,matter ends....just because bush sat on office doesnot make it legal ...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)