jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Oops! Muslim Brotherhood Gains Power In Egypt

1. lady_love158 profile image61
    lady_love158posted 5 years ago

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/ … 301057128/

Oh boy... who could have possily saw THAT coming? Uh... everybody but Obama? Looks like we backed the wrong horse.

1. AnnCee profile image77
      AnnCeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oops indeed!  Now who could have seen this coming? 

I guess it's just the Muslim way.   I feel sorry for the young western educated idealists who stuck their necks out for a chance at western style freedom.

2. lovemychris profile image80
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

What business is it of ours?

3. Maembe profile image61
    Maembeposted 5 years ago

So let me get this straight.  We were supposed to start a war in Iraq and intervene in Egypt on the side of an oppressive dictator, but we can't fire a few missles in Libya?  Is there some criteria you use to determine what to do in situations like this?  Oh wait, I know.

lady_love158posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I never made any such claims! The point is if you're going to back so called democratic revolutions you better know who it is you're backing and what you're going to get. We helped to rid Egypt of Muarrak our friend for 30 years and what we're getting in return is Islamic jihadists that hate the west. Some think the protestors in Libya are al queda... maybe we shouldn't.be helping the people that we're at war with and want to kill us? It's just a thought...

2. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It all comes down to how can we use this to make Obama look bad hmm

Sad too because he has fallen down on promises and turned out to be just another corrupted politician, as per usual. That is something that people can actually rally around instead of the far reaching Bama Bashin that gets presented instead hmm

4. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

Correction - islamic people who hate united states.

lady_love158posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Same difference.

1. skyfire profile image72
        skyfireposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol

*facepalm*

5. lovemychris profile image80
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

Maybe we shouldn't help people who kill others. There's another thought.

6. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

I think there is something wrong with the hierarchy, chances are there that military has more influence over international strategies than president. Bush or obama, you don't see any change in the way international strategies of united states are managed- dictatorship, unnecessary interference, it's going to be there even with new president next time.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

We sure do have a sticky mess on our hands don't we hmm

working