jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Ready for breast feeding baby Doll?

1. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

http://moms.today.com/_news/2011/03/25/ … ?gt1=43001

There’s no shortage of pretend play toys on the market – kids can make cupcakes, listen to a heartbeat, vacuum a rug, fly with fairies, fight fires and serve tea. But produce a doll that allows kids to pretend to breast-feed and prepare for an onslaught of very real protest.

The Breast Milk Baby “lets young girls express their love and affection in the most natural way possible, just like Mommy,” according to the doll’s website and manufacturer. It includes this video that demonstrates how it works: a little girl straps on a halter with pink flowers over the nipple areas, lets the baby slurp away and burps it. The manufacturer goes on to suggest the doll may help move the U.S. toward greater acceptance of breast-feeding, a practice that’s recommended by respected child health organizations

the link has the video demonstrating how this work...are we pushing little girls to become mommies too soon?... hmm

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not a good idea.  Yes, little girls are being pushed to become adult-like too soon.    There's a difference between teaching kids the facts of life when they're ready, and teaching them to use their immature body parts to learn something they really can't learn correctly until they're grown.

1. DTR0005 profile image87
        DTR0005posted 5 years ago in reply to this

You forgot to mention how that's Obama's fault Brenda.. you're slipping...

1. 0
          Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Indeed.  Thanks for reminding me.

2. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bad idea. hmm

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I think that in a perfect world where not every single act involving the human body was sexualized, it would be the perfect doll.

I breastfed and think it's a great experience for mother and child. And I've seen young girls who have siblings that are breastfed, copying their mother using a doll.

But, like all things, I do think the doll is a personal choice. Some mothers may use it as a way to help wean one child and feed the next one without causing too much jealousy in the older sibling.

3. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Little girls have been "bottle-feeding" their dolls for years.
    Little girls are (for the most part) very maternal little caretakers.
    We encourage girls to play with dolls that cry and wet, that talk, burp -- I don't even know what else (I'm not the mother of a girl, obviously). Why make the artificial separation with another quite natural function of motherhood?

Now, having said that, I think we can live without a doll that simulates childbirth...tongue

1. Ivorwen profile image84
      Ivorwenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You mean this is not your ideal doll?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MamAmor-D … ?sk=photos

Oh come on!  I don't understand why not!
      lol lol lol

4. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Commercial interests and moral responsibility don't seem to go hand in hand. What a way to sell a toy...as if there are not enough problems already ....sad