jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

The Next President Faces A Geopolitical Storm

1. 0
    GeneralRachelposted 8 years ago

On November 12, 1936 Winston Churchill said, “

“Owing to past neglect, in the face of the plainest warnings, we have now
    entered upon a period of danger. The era of procrastination, of halfmeasures,
    …of delays, is coming to its close. In its place we are entering a period of
    consequences… We cannot avoid this period, we are in it now…”

I do not believe in coincidences, I never have. As we see the rise and audacity of Russia, Putin reclaiming the Motherland with no apologies, but rather entitlement, with Islamofacism becoming emboldened, Musharaaf resigning, Pakistan in turmoil with a power vacuum; Iran boldly wanting to erase Israel, Israel facing enemies on every border, Iran flaunting sattelites over Muslim nations..we face a geopolitical perfect storm.

Russia forming alliances anew with Venezuala, Cuba, Iran, Syria over the past years, we slept. Iran threatens, we brush it off as ‘pesky tyrannt’ talk, Syria and Hamas, and Hiz’ along with Lebanon asserting the right to defend and take back ‘their’ land, we rant and shake our heads..the list continues..I could go on for pages. I write over and over are you awake yet..I ask this nation, can you see the storm clouds?

Russia from the north, Islam finding it’s way through the cracks, unrest, chaos ..North, East..south with open borders..enough is enough and no I don’t think it is happenstance….America faces a storm.

We have a choice to face in 77 days. A choice that is clear. John McCain sees those storm clouds - understands the consequences-has faced an enemy and knows the realizations of war. He does not go into a storm unprepared or unresolved. He understands the costs, but also understands the responsiblity that faces a leader of a nation founded in freedom; that is what we need from a President.

2. Dottie1 profile image82
    Dottie1posted 8 years ago

Thank you GeneralRachel for this most interesting post.  Ya know I had an appointment last night with my Financial Advisor from Ameriprise and I asked him lots of questions about our economy and this upcoming election.  He had very similiar views as you!  I must reevaluate!  Interesting enough he did say though that Hillary would have been the best for our nation.   We need to continue asking lots of questions.  We don't want to make another mistake again!

3. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 8 years ago

You musta voted for Bush.
    'There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on -- shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again. You've got to understand the nature of the regime we're dealing with.'

1. Dottie1 profile image82
      Dottie1posted 8 years ago in reply to this

I actually did not vote for Bush.  I guess I was speaking as a voice of a US citizen.  I personally am not thrilled with either candidate.  I'm waiting for a miracle!

4. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

The next president...whoever...can't do a worse job than Bush

1. Dottie1 profile image82
      Dottie1posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Do you think this one will be better?  I'm so confused!!!!

http://bp2.blogger.com/_NUZ_fM-TQKQ/SAu … mylawn.jpg

5. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 8 years ago

My opinion - both the same. Reason - America is an empire and
    the president has to act in that interest and no other. This is why
    Democrats seem like such fools - taking the same position as
    Republicans on most things international.