jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Polpular revolutions in the Middle East

1. marwan asmar profile image79
    marwan asmarposted 5 years ago

Are the popular protests in the Middle East genuine, or is there a "foreign" hand involved in directing what is happening, as it is frequently claimed.

1. 60
      nemagroupposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i wiil do this ....................

2. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm pretty sure that it is the same group that are firing rockets into Israel sad
      Genuinely, didn't they originally come from Jordon? hmm

3. DonDWest profile image90
      DonDWestposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Black and white, stop thinking that way. . .

Some of the revolutions are genuine, some are foreign manufactured, and many of the revolts are against foreign manufactured dictators.

4. AnnCee profile image79
      AnnCeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Both.  Mostly the second. Rising food prices plays a role.  It takes a lot of pressure to bring people to dare a life or death stand against the ruthless killers who rule in the Middle East.

2. Tages profile image61
    Tagesposted 5 years ago

To put it simply, yes.  These protests reflect the desire of the people to continue on the path of modernization that stalled out.  The problem is that the legitimate protestors, due to national laws, cannot organize.  If and when they succeed they become fragmented, a thousand splinters unable to form a sturdy framework or even a single board.  Groups from outside the nation and fundamentalist both enjoy an organizational structure that ultimately lets them take power and stall out the process again.  Unbelievably this is about round eight in the past two hundred years.  The history continually repeats itself.

No they did not come from Jordon.  Groups like Al Qaida, Hamas, Hezbollah, Libyan Islamic fighting Group, etc. etc. Come from several diffrent places.  They tend to stay outside the limelight and influence the situation to further their goals.

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Two going theories on this. One is popular uprising due to inflation, no jobs, huge youth population, wikileaks, poverty, the sunni/shia polarity. The other theory is that it is CIA acting on behalf of the US oligarchy to inspire: as the number one reason given: is that phony democracies are easier to control and less expensive than dictatorships.

1. AnnCee profile image79
      AnnCeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

U.S. lefties were involved in the Gaza flotilla, why not in these revolts?

4. dutchman1951 profile image61
    dutchman1951posted 5 years ago

From a distance it kind of looks like you can apply any rationale to it to uphold your view. Honestly, we really do not know. Our news is biased at best, our Politics spun into confussion, and the truth floating out there some where.

It almost seems like some one figgured how to manipulaye face-Book into a sociological movement, to organise and get the effrect it wanted? Like a great big Sociology Experiment.

Then sit back and write text books on the theory of what happened, later on.

A title to Consider if you will;  " The Middle East Experiment, reguired reading for Sociology 302, Harvard 3rd year Sociology/ Political Science Majors..!    man, I hope not!

but it does feel co-insidental

5. mikelong profile image83
    mikelongposted 5 years ago

Look at the price and availability of food throughout northern Africa, let alone Yemen... Citigroup predicted this sort of thing several years ago...and they were advising their high end clients to add more gold to their portfolios..

With this said, are outsiders shaping what is going on? I have no doubt there are many hands at play...

Those "in the know" had a good idea what was coming...

6. mikelong profile image83
    mikelongposted 5 years ago

U.S. "righties" were responsible for the huge wave of illegal immigration that populated the nation of Israel to begin with...violating established U.N. quotas...

But who cares about that, right?  Especially those anti "illegal immigration" "conservatives"?

I guess only when it's in their backyard?

I believe that both socio/economic/political tensions and outside interference are at play...