jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Obama on Illegal Aliens to Illegal Alien:

1. OLYHOOCH profile image59
    OLYHOOCHposted 5 years ago

We Don’t Want to Deport Them; 'We Want Them To Succeed’
    Monday, March 28, 2011
    By Edwin Mora

(CNSNews.com) -- When questioned by an illegal alien student today who showed him a deportation letter, President Barack Obama said he did not want to deport illegal alien students like the one who questioned him, he wanted them to succeed.

The exchange came during a town hall event sponsored by the Spanish-language television network Univision at a Washington, D.C., school. An illegal alien student, who appeared via Skype, asked: “My question for the president is, why [is the government] saying that deportations have stopped or the detention of many students like me, why is it that we are still receiving deportation letters like this one?”

Obama answered, “We have redesigned our enforcement practices under the law to make sure that we’re focusing primarily on criminals, and so our deportation of criminals are up about 70 percent. Our deportation of non-criminals are down, and that’s because we want to focus our resources on those folks who are destructive to the community.

“And for a young person like that young woman that we just spoke to who’s going to school, doing all the right things, we want them to succeed," Obama said.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/oba … ant-deport

2. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 5 years ago

and to $hell with legal citizens!  I mean, after all, not everyone can succeed....

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

"Obama on Illegal Aliens to Illegal Alien: We Don’t Want to Deport Them; 'We Want Them To Succeed’" So what's the point here if I should care? Must be too dumb to get it.

1. DTR0005 profile image86
      DTR0005posted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, you if you have all your teeth and can write in complete sentences, you won't get the point... I didn't either.