jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (18 posts)

I want the ordinary American people to hear my voice -Karzai

1. pisean282311 profile image59
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

Afghan President Hamid Karzai spoke out for the first time today about the "heart-rending" media accounts of a rogue US army unit accused of deliberately killing civilians for sport.

In his first public reaction to the scandal, Hamid Karzai said he wanted to ensure ordinary Americans knew about an alleged rogue army unit "kill team" accused of murdering Afghan civilians and mutilating their corpses.

"They killed our youths for fun, they killed old people, they even planned to kill children," Karzai said in a speech "I want the ordinary American people to hear my voice and to know that Afghans old and young are being oppressed in their name."

pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

none interested?

1. lady_love158 profile image61
        lady_love158posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well Obama campaigned on Afghanistan being the righteous war so the left can't criticise it and the right started it so they can't criticise it. I believe we should be out of there and should have been a long time ago. I don't think we should be supporting corrupt Karzai.
        War is ugly and bad things happen so I'm not going to criticize our soldiers.

ya but that also reflect state of mind of soldiers...isn't it?..can normal happy soldier do such stuffs?

1. profile image61
            ShortStoryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't judge all military personnel by the acts of a few criminals.

agreed...valid point but if you see iraq and now afghan...either criminals are increasing or we need to rethink about wars as human race...

1. profile image61

Not increasing at all.

thats my point since criminals are not increasing but such incidents are , it shows war is taking lot of toll on mental health of usa soldiers...

1. profile image61

Such incidents are not increasing. When was the last incident even remotely like this crime?

2. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

What ability do the ordinary people of America have in changing such things? hmm

Aren't their lifestyles being destroyed as well? hmm

Political issues throughout the entire world are being used as justification for many inexcusable events!

The abilities of all ordinary people everywhere are being undermined purposefully every day by the political objectives of the few that choose to have them remain unknown to the 'Ordinary People!'

good point

3. pisean282311 profile image59
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

@ShortStory

the latest afghan is what you  know...then iraq too you might be knowing...suicide rates of usa military personnel is increasing too...good barometer of mental health...

US military suicide rate at record high

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2009/feb20 … -f04.shtml

Suicide rate in US Army at highest in 26 years

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world … 61933.html

Is the U.S. Army Losing Its War on Suicide?

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article … 84,00.html

1. profile image61

So you have two incidents, inexcusable as they were, in ten years? If you want to talk about the suicide rate, that is obviously a separate issue.

i think i have not communicated in way i intended.. i am not taking this issue from only point of view of innocent lives lost by inhuman acts of few soldiers...i am here concerned about their mental health which is not only taking innocent lives but also their own lives...core point is rethinking about war and strategy...i hope i am communicating...

working