jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

The Newt shoots foot (or How to Make Palin Look Smart by Comparison)

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
    Doug Hughesposted 5 years ago

From Time.com

American Embarrassment
    Posted by Joe Klein
    March 29, 2011 at 5:00 pm

"It is always an education to watch our American writhings from overseas. It is particularly excrutiating watching the Republican Party presidential candidates who, on a daily basis, pronounce some ignorant racist or irreligious twaddle...which--amazingly enough--manages to be heard around the world. As Crowley notes below, today's example primo is Newt, who really needs to get back on his meds, worrying about his grandchildren:

"I have two grandchildren �Maggie is 11, Robert is 9," Gingrich said at Cornerstone Church here. "I am convinced that if we do not decisively win the struggle over the nature of America, by the time they're my age they will be in a secular atheist country, potentially one dominated by radical Islamists and with no understanding of what it once meant to be an American."

There is genius in this: no other human had located the secular humanist wing of radical Islam before..."

http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2011/03 … z1I7tbm28y

1. DTR0005 profile image86
      DTR0005posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow.. he's a nitwit and a scholar. Good catch on this one.

2. Hugh Williamson profile image90
      Hugh Williamsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Newt might be smarter than it seems. I read an opinion about Huckabee which might also apply to Newt -- that the "gaffs" are calculated to be forgivable yet to also plant the germ of some allegation in the minds of the public.

Sooner or later it will probably morph into an accepted "fact" by some. Those who they anger probably wouldn't vote for them anyway.

1. lovemychris profile image79
        lovemychrisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that's exactly what they do!

A smearing innuendo becomes fact....the dirtier the better. The sleazier, the better. Squash them into the dirt with your heels!!!..or jackboots

That's politics, Cult style.

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

lol lol

3. Pandoras Box profile image84
    Pandoras Boxposted 5 years ago

lol lol lol

4. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

Cult Leader.

Get him off the stage.

5. AnnCee profile image79
    AnnCeeposted 5 years ago

Only in America could a radical Muslim group be granted permits to rally at the White House and call for Sharia law to be implemented in the United States.

“Preparations are now underway for the ‘Shariah4America’ project that will inshaa’allah (God willing) become an unanticipated wild card for the West, galvanizing the immense support for Shari’ah in the Middle East and bringing it directly to the doorsteps of the United States of America,” Shariah4America posted on their website.

A Washington D.C. think tank, Council on Foreign Relations explores the Sharia, or Islamic law, connection in most Muslim countries legal code.

“There are so many varying interpretations of what Sharia actually means that in some places it can be incorporated into political systems relatively easily,” says Steven A. Cook, senior CFR fellow for Middle Eastern studies. “Some (Sharia) interpretations are used to justify cruel punishments such as amputation and stoning as well as unequal treatment of women in inheritance, dress, and independence. The debate is growing as to whether Sharia can coexist with secularism, democracy, or even modernity.”

The keynote speaker for the D.C. rally is so-called radical U.K. Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary, who said on Fox’s Sean Hannity show “Americans are the biggest criminals in the world today.”

Cleric Choudary says, "We hereby call upon the Muslims in the U.S., particularly in New York, Michigan, Chicago and Washington D.C… to take lessons from their Muslim brothers and sisters in North Africa and the Middle East and rise to implement Sharia in America.”

Does Sharia law allow a husband to rape his wife, even in America? A New Jersey trial judge thought so. In a recently overturned case, a “trial judge found as a fact that defendant committed conduct that constituted a sexual assault” but did not hold the defendant liable because the defendant believed he was exercising his rights over the victim. Fortunately, a New Jersey appellate court reversed the trial judge. But make no mistake about it: this is no isolated incident. We will see more cases here in the United States where others attempt to impose Sharia law, under the guise of First Amendment protections, as a defense against crimes and other civil violations.
    http://blog.heritage.org/2010/09/02/the … n-america/

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There is a radical Christian militia group in jail for planning to murder cops and bomb the funeral procession. If I attempted to portray the Hutaree as representative of Christians or militias, hubbers both liberal & conservative would call me out for the deception. The deception here is just as malicious.

Muslims make up six-tenths of one percent of the US population. If one in twelve Muslims favored the fear fantasy of the wingnuts, we are defending against a legal takeover of the judicial system by one-half of one-tenth of one percent of the population.

This is hateful fearmongering for political gain, as disgusting as politics gets, making a villain of a tiny minority and riding a wave of fear and hate to power.

1. DTR0005 profile image86
        DTR0005posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to the Tea Party - cookies and coffee available after the service in the lobby...

6. AnnCee profile image79
    AnnCeeposted 5 years ago
  7. AnnCee profile image79
    AnnCeeposted 5 years ago

The moron left will continue to dither and lie while their enemies gain strength against them.  As always the people with have a brain in their heads and half an eye open will protect their sorry azzes while the left stabs them in the back and spits in their face for their efforts.

1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

We have Sharia law in the UK to a limited extent.

It is restricted to areas with a high Muslim population. It only applies to civil courts, not criminal, so your situation with the judge claiming that Sharia law allowed marital rape just would not arise!

There are conditions applied to the application of the law in that both parties must be Muslims and both parties must agree to be bound by Sharia.

This is based on what I consider to be very sound reasons, in that no law should put a man in conflict with his religion.

Although there is no suggestion that Sharia should ever be applied to criminal law we still have those that insist that it does!

8. lovemychris profile image79

How much of the American population is Jewish?

How much of our society do they control?

I think the immediate situation is far more relevant than your perceived one.

9. lovemychris profile image79

And, btw--I do realize this is the long-foretold WW III.

Zionists vs Mohammedans

Atheists vs Christians

Divide and conquer.