jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

In Response to Justom

1. NateSean profile image84
    NateSeanposted 5 years ago

I didn't want to get anything started in a question/answer scenario, so I thought I'd take this to the appropriate forum where the question had been asked.

The question was: Do You Give Money to Panhandlers.
    http://hubpages.com/question/116673/do- … anhandlers

You can read my answer here. But in the event that links to questions aren't allowed and the link is removed, I will sum up my answer by saying that no, I do not give money to panhandlers. I have been on both sides of the fence before and I am also currently homeless.

Justom's response to me: justom says
    I help without judgment and find NateSean's rant to be a great comedy skit. Brother you sound like a goofball. Sorry for your homelessness but at least you brought your laptop with internet access :-P Oy!

So, apparently it's funny that I'm homeless. And yes I did have my laptop for a time, but that died out on me and I can't afford to have it even looked at. So my Internet Access is limited to the computers at the library, thank you very much.

The laptop was something I bought back when I had the money and I was financially stable enough to be able to afford such a luxury. It was something I earned because I had a well paying job and I was stable in my apartment and circumstances.

So of course everyone will likely weigh on the subject of homelessness and panhandling here. But my response to Justom is this: Good for you. You hand money out without judgment. I hope you're happy with the idea that most of that money is going to get spent on booze and tobacco. But don't you sit there and judge me because of my life decisions.

1. DTR0005 profile image86
      DTR0005posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I give when I have it. I would talking out of both sides of my mouth if I did not...

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

I don't care who it is. If they ask for money and I have change I give it to them. Would give them cash if I had any.

1. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Many years ago I was asked for 50p so the beggar could fill is cider bottle.
      He got it but only after I'd got a promise from him that he wasn't going to fritter any of it on a cup of tea or food.

3. NateSean profile image84
    NateSeanposted 5 years ago

Justom's response to yet another question I wrote and answered: "I figured folks who trash someone else in forums (backstabbers) probably do wear them, so childish."

I just want to point out that to "backstab" someone, you first have to have a working relationship with that person. I have no such relationship with you.

You made an insulting response to my legitimate one and I reacted to it in the appropriate manner. You're continuing in this matter only proves that age does not equate maturity.

Oh and that blue grass may be great, you probably shouldn't be smoking it.