jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

1984 is here. Where do you draw the line?

1. sannyasinman profile image83
    sannyasinmanposted 5 years ago
    1. 0
      Texasbetaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That article is from 4 years ago. Did you have a nice sleep? Obama became President and the Rangers got to the world series while you were out.

2. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 5 years ago in reply to this

And you Brits always talk about how free you are! Lol!

2. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

Yes, you see, WHILE it was going on, they didn't see.
    NOW they want retribution...and it's from the WRONG people!!

3. dingdondingdon profile image60
    dingdondingdonposted 5 years ago

Actually, studies have shown that areas where CCTV is used have lower crime rates, and roads which use speed cameras have a dramatically lower accident rate.

4. Moderndayslave profile image61
    Moderndayslaveposted 5 years ago

I actually thought about this at work today.Not as much the cameras but being watched. We were fixing a Big Box store in lower westchester NY that some brain surgeon decided to build on a swamp. We had 2 wanna be engineers watching to make sure that we put the steel and cement where we were supposed to,this was all day.16 man hours for something that we do every day anyway.Then the store had a useless security guard sit in a chair all day to make sure we didn't steal anything.There were other store workers right next to him so he appeared even more useless to me. Actually there were 2, the first must of got tired.So beside the three people hired to watch us there were cameras in the ceiling and next to one wall we built there was a 3 foot by 3 foot black box with a dark tinted glass front to watch the workers in what was the tire shop.There are now cameras at intersections to see if you run the red light. There are cameras in all stores in the ceilings. This is for loss prevention and I can live with the retail ones ,the ones on the road I'm not too happy about.They government works for us and they seem to have forgotten that.There was a politician from Long Island NY that just admitted the red light cameras are for money that's it.The newest (2 years maybe)are License plate readers, the odd looking black boxes on the trunks or roofs of police cars that read your license plate and if ANYTHING in your name comes up on the screen in their car they are on you like nobody's business.They can just sit in the median of a highway and scan everything that goes by.Let's not forget about getting microwaved at the airport thanks to Mr. Chertoff's company and homeland insecurity. Your being watched everywhere you go.