1. hubby7 profile image80
    hubby7posted 8 years ago

When I look at the mindset of the two candidates, Obama's vs McCain's, I find that my sentiments are with the former one. Obama talks about listening to others and hearing them out. Also, he talks about treating others with respect and as equals. McCain, on the other hands, jokingly sings about, "Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran." Also, he speaks whimsically about how our lucrative trade with Iran in respect to cigarettes might do our job of killing Iranians for us. Question: What mindset do you want to see in your next president? A mindset of arrogance and condescension or one of respect for your fellow human being. I choose the latter. What a person jokes about tell a heap of a whole lot about his character!

2. crashcromwell profile image80
    crashcromwellposted 8 years ago

As I read this post, all I can think about is my nine year-old son. Whenever he says something outrageous and I call him on it, he inevitably says, "I was just joking!" This, of course, is a lie. He knows it. I know it, but he sticks to his story.

I think McCain has some pretty lunatic fringe positions on foreign policy that puts him out of step with most Americans. He wants to advance his agenda, but he can't just come out and say it, so he makes a joke out of it. But I'm not laughing.

1. 0
      Zarm Nefilinposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Neither am I.