jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Scott Walker's donors-for-jobs scandal

1. I am DB Cooper profile image66
    I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker has decided to demote the son of one of his most prominent donors after it was revealed yesterday that the original appointment may have been politically motivated. Brian Deschane was given a $81,500 a year job that supervises 76 employees who oversee storage tank regulations and environmental cleanups, despite the fact that the 27-year-old never graduated from college and had no experience in this particular field.

After the demotion, Deschane's state job will pay him "just" $64,728 a year. Keep in mind, the only thing this kid seems to have experience with is drinking and driving (with two DUIs already, he's one away from facing felony chrages).

Walker spokesman Cullen Werwie said that when the governor “learned of the details of this agency staffing decision, he directed his administration to move in another direction.” Ummm, what the heck? This was a post appointed by the governor, not some third-party staffing agency. This type of double talk is hardly what people are hoping for when they say they want change from their elected officials.

The governor gave a nice job to a donor's kid who didn't deserve it and he got caught, plain and simple. The quid pro quo was so obvious he couldn't even spin it in the press, so he had to just demote the kid to a job that's still very cushy for someone with so little experience.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/ … mode=story

1. DTR0005 profile image86
      DTR0005posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I caught this on the news yesterday. It was definitely a WTF moment. I am wondering if Walker will go to work "officially" for the Koch boys once he gets booted out of office.

1. lovemychris profile image79
        lovemychrisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

OMG, that happened here!
        our disgruntled loser Te-Bag guy lost his bid for rep, but he had a job waiitng for him as Sheriff's Deputy, or something.
        Now, the cut cut cut man will have a nice $100,000 job with lots of bennies.

Ah, the predictability of man...the more things change, the more they stay the same. Sigh.

2. dingdondingdon profile image61
    dingdondingdonposted 5 years ago

I think it's great how today's generation is leaving university with piles of debt only to find they can't even get hired at McDonalds, and meanwhile a college drop-out with no experience and two DUIs gets a 81K job because his daddy's rich.

3. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

I think it's great how a man says gvt spends too much, then wants to spend gvt money on a political hack job.

When are these Re-Bags going to give up ANYTHING??

BET you, if they shut the gvt down--THEY will still be paid! Their kids and wives will still get healthcare, and still have access to the roads, buildings, parks, and everything else that the bad bad gvt provides for them.

You might even say Ingrates!