jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)

Why is the Fed Bailing Out Qaddafi?

1. AnnCee profile image79
    AnnCeeposted 5 years ago

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/bl … i-20110401

I swear we are being ruled by lizards.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is.... 

I dont really know what to write here, I am just seeing red.
      In Qaddafi's letter to the Whie House today he addressed the President as our Son. After reading this article i am begining to see why!

the term Lizard is way to kind i think

1. AnnCee profile image79
        AnnCeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It leaves me baffled too.  The spider web the ruling elite is spinning doesn't appear to be a neat and orderly one.   They seem to be making decisions on the fly and it's difficult to discern a pattern.   One thing for sure, wealth is being pulled into a few tight corners and the middle class is being choked off.

This woman makes a lot of sense.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image84
        Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The only politicians talking about the fed are the Pauls.

Vote Ron Paul and Rand Paul for 2012 president.

1. lovemychris profile image78
          lovemychrisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Dennis Kucinich and Barney Frank as well, Evan.
          And Paul has every right to run--he did the last time!
          He's a Repub, not a third party.--no one is stopping him.

But his kid might ruin it for him.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image84

If you think that "his son might ruin it for him", then you obviously haven't ever listened to a Ron Paul speech.

They have very similar beliefs about government.

2. lovemychris profile image78
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

Keep digging AnnCee--you might find who is really behind it.

1. DonDWest profile image90
      DonDWestposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No she won't, for she is blind, she sees only what she wants to see.

1. DannyMaio profile image61
        DannyMaioposted 5 years ago in reply to this

same is said for you! you see what you want and spew hatred for Zionist! which you do not even know if Ann is.

I seriously doubt Ann isn't a Zionist seeing that she relentless espouses such political views. And yes, I don't hide the fact I have the courage to hate Zionism. Any political ideology that preaches themselves as a "master race" I will always oppose.

Just like that pastor has his right and that crazy woman has hers! they do not like the Koran. so it is OK for you to say whatever you want but not them? You have a right to feel that way. are you a radical Muslim? your statements against the Jews could lead people to believe this. just saying

First, I'm atheist, or maybe agnostic? I do believe in a God, just not in religion and its associated cultures. So I'm not a radical Muslim.

Second, Zionism isn't a religion, it's a political party, much like Al-Queda or the Muslim Brotherhood, that hides under the religious flag. You're putting a lot of words in my mouth, I never mentioned Jews until you did. You seem to always want the last word in every debate and no matter what I tell you, you're determined to label me whatever you deem fit to suit your arguments. So I see little point in arguing with an individual that blindly shouts out murder or fire in a debate.

You haven't said anything in an attempt to discredit any of my points other than throw out the labels that you don't even understand the meaning.

I understand Zionist as the Jewish religion. maybe your right and Wikipedia is also wrong?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                This article is about Zionism as a movement, not the History of Israel. For other uses, see Zion (disambiguation).
                Page semi-protected
                Aliyah to Israel
                and settlement
                Flag of Israel
                Pre-Zionist Aliyah
                The Return to Zion
                The Old Yishuv
                Before May 14, 1948
                First Aliyah · Second Aliyah
                During World War I
                Third Aliyah · Fourth Aliyah
                Fifth Aliyah
                During and after World War II
                After May 14, 1948
                Operation Magic Carpet
                Operation Ezra and Nehemiah
                Jewish exodus from
                Arab lands
                1968 Polish aliyah
                1970s Soviet Union aliyah
                Aliyah from Ethiopia
                1990s CIS aliyah
                2000s Latin America aliyah
                Judaism · Zionism
                Law of Return
                Jewish homeland
                Yerida · Galut
                Jewish Messianism
                Persons and
                Theodor Herzl · Knesset
                World Zionist Organization
                Nefesh B'Nefesh · El Al
                Related topics
                Jewish history
                Jewish diaspora
                Jews in the Land of Israel
                History of Israel
                Yishuv · Israeli Jews
                Revival of Hebrew language
                History of Zionism
                Religious Zionism
                v · d · e
                Part of a series of articles on
                Jews and Judaism
                Star of David
                Who is a Jew? · Etymology · Culture
                v · d · e
                Flag of Israel State of Israel Coat of arms of Israel

Land of Israel
                Districts · Cities · Transportation
                Mediterranean Sea · Red Sea
                Dead Sea · Sea of Galilee
                Jerusalem · Tel Aviv · Haifa

Jewish history (timeline)
                Zionism · Aliyah · Theodor Herzl
                Balfour Declaration · British Mandate
                UN Partition Plan for Palestine
                Independence Declaration · Austerity
                Arab–Israeli conflict

1948 War · 1949 Armistice
                Jewish exodus
                Suez Crisis · Six-Day War
                War of Attrition · Yom Kippur War
                1982 / 2006 Lebanon Wars
                Peace proposals
                Treaties with Egypt / Jordan
                International law
                Israeli–Palestinian conflict

History (timeline)
                1948 Palestinian exodus
                Peace process · Peace camp
                First Intifada · Oslo Accords
                Second Intifada · West Bank barrier
                Unilateral disengagement

Agriculture · Companies · Diamonds
                Science and technology
                Tourism · Wine
                Silicon Wadi
                Israel Aerospace Industries
                Demographics · Culture

Religion · Israeli Arabs · Kibbutz
                Music · Archaeology · Universities
                Hebrew · Literature · Sport · Israelis
                Laws (Basic) · Politics

Law of Return · Jerusalem Law
                Referendums · Parties · Elections
                Prime Minister · President
                Knesset · Supreme Court · Courts
                Criticism of the government
                Foreign relations

United Nations · United States
                Arab League · France
                Security Forces

Defense Forces
                Intelligence Community
                National Security Council
                Police · Border Police
                Prison Service

Portal · Category
                v · d · e

Zionism (Hebrew: ציונות‎, Tsiyonut) is a Jewish political movement that, in its broadest sense, has supported the self-determination of the Jewish people in a sovereign Jewish national homeland.[1] Since the establishment of the State of Israel, the Zionist movement continues primarily to advocate on behalf of the Jewish state and address threats to its continued existence and security. In a less common usage, the term may also refer to 1) non-political, Cultural Zionism, founded and represented most prominently by Ahad Ha'am; and 2) political support for the State of Israel by non-Jews, as in Christian Zionism.

Zionism does not have a uniform ideology, but has evolved in a dialogue among a plethora of ideologies: General Zionism, Religious Zionism, Labor Zionism, Revisionist Zionism, Green Zionism, etc. However, the common denominator among all Zionists is the claim to Eretz Israel as the national homeland of the Jews and as the legitimate focus for the Jewish national self-determination (as shown, among others, by Gideon Shimoni).[2] It is based on historical ties and religious traditions linking the Jewish people to the Land of Israel.[3]

After almost two millennia of existence of the Jewish diaspora without a national state, the Zionist movement was founded in the late 19th century by secular Jews, largely as a response by Ashkenazi Jews to rising antisemitism in Europe, exemplified by the Dreyfus Affair in France and the Anti-Jewish pogroms in the Russian Empire.[4] The political movement was formally established by the Austro-Hungarian journalist Theodor Herzl in 1897 following the publication of his book Der Judenstaat.[5] At that time, the movement sought to encourage Jewish migration to the Ottoman Palestine.

Although initially one of several Jewish political movements offering alternative responses to assimilation and antisemitism, Zionism grew rapidly and became the dominant force in Jewish politics with the destruction of Jewish life in Central and Eastern Europe where these alternative movements were rooted.

The movement was eventually successful in establishing Israel on 14 May 1948 (5 Iyyar 5708 in the Hebrew calendar), as the homeland for the Jewish people. The proportion of the world's Jews living in Israel has also steadily grown since the movement came into existence. Today roughly 40% of the world's Jews live in Israel.[6] These two outcomes represent the historical success of Zionism, unmatched by any other Jewish political movement in the past 2,000 years.

In some academic studies, Zionism has been analyzed both within the larger context of diaspora politics and as an example of modern national liberation movements.[7]

Zionism was also directed at assimilation into the modern world. As a result of the Diaspora, many of the Jewish people were outcasts and had no knowledge of the modern era. There were Jews who desired complete assimilation and were willing to neglect their faith in an attempt at modernization. The assimilationists, who are depicted as truly messianic, were a radical group in Jewish history. They desired a pure revolution: a complete integration of Jews into European society. This would dispel any dissimilarity between Jews and non-Jews. They are described as messianic in their anticipation and desire of a new era. Assimilationists were not concerned with keeping their own identity but wanted homogeneity. They would disband their traditional views and opinions as long as it insured complete assimilation into the modern world. Another less radical form of assimilation was called cultural synthesis. Those in favor of cultural synthesis emphasized an obligation to maintain traditional Jewish values but also a need to conform to a modernist society. They are described as defensive and sought to reject the pure revolution that the assimilationists promoted. They aimed to eradicate any disparity between Jewish and modern life. However (in contrast with assimilationists), they also wanted to preserve their own faith and many of their traditional values. They were concerned that if Jews lost their identification, the result would be detrimental. Those in favor of cultural synthesis desired a balance between change and continuity as opposed to the assimilationists who only wanted change.[8]

In 1975, the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution that designated Zionism as a "a form of racism and racial discrimination". The resolution was repealed in 1991. Within the context of the Arab–Israeli conflict, Zionism is viewed by critics as a system that fosters apartheid and racism.[9]

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

"Federal Reserve revealed the details of 21,000 transactions stretching from December 2007 to July 2010 that totaled more than $3 trillion on Wednesday.  Most of these transactions involved giant loans that were nearly interest-free from the Federal Reserve to some of the largest banks, financial institutions and corporations all over the world.". The Fed services the Empire.

Vote Ron Paul! 2012

4. knolyourself profile image60

Zionism: "A movement for (originally) the reestablishment and (now) the development and protection of a Jewish nation in Israel. It was established as a political organization in 1897 under Theodor Herzl, and was later led by Chaim Weizmann."

Forget it, according to Danny, Judiasm started in 1897.

5. knolyourself profile image60

"Vote Ron Paul! 2012". They will never allow him on the ticket.

Then riot