jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

I want to know your opinions....

1. kmackey32 profile image80
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

Do you think woman who are in domestic violence situations should be charged with Neglect when they have children in the home?????

kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Anyone???? I mean by CPS too....

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sure, throw more bad at them when they are down.

2. profile image66
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

Every situation is different.  It is possible that they could be, given the right set of circumstances.

1. DTR0005 profile image79
      DTR0005posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agreed

3. dingdondingdon profile image60
    dingdondingdonposted 6 years ago

No. That would be blaming the victim. Women (and men) who are being domestically abused are terrified for both their lives and their children's lives, and have usually been isolated by the abuser from all friends and family. They are often not even allowed to leave the house without supervision. In such a situation escape seems unlikely, even impossible, to them, and very possibly fatal (indeed, women trying to escape abusive partners with their children have been killed by the partner before when he discovers it).

I'm not saying that women shouldn't try to escape. Of course they should, but rather than heaping the blame for their partner's abuse on their shoulders we should give them help and refuge, as well as understanding. Theirs is an incredibly difficult and frightening situation. They are not neglectful, they are trying to keep themselves and their children alive.

4. Daniel Carter profile image91
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

Poor parenting is independent of the problem of domestic abuse, and should be addressed completely separate from it.

5. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago

"Do you think woman who are in domestic violence situations should be charged with Neglect when they have children in the home?????" Talk about blaming the victim.

kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thats what I am Saying....CPS in NYS did that to me 10 yrs ago with this man. I ofcourse appealed it and the Judge ruled in my favor. I dont see how they can charge the woman, then the one being abused will wanna hide it even more... Now they are charging him and his current wife for him beating her... hold on ima post the link to what this man did....

6. kmackey32 profile image80
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

working