jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Stress getting to Boehner?

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Has anyone else seen Speaker John Boehner on TV today?
    I appreciate that these budget talks are extremely taxing (no pun intended).
    But his demeanor, eye-rolling and odd comment to one reporter did not convey "leadership." But to his credit, he did not cry!

I will try to find the video (not on YouTube yet) and watch the clip again to better report what he said to that reporter.

If anyone else has more, please post...

1. profile image71
      logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When he gets rolled by the Senate and the President, the taxpayer will be the ones crying.

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
        Mighty Momposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The biggest mauling is from the "no compromise" Tea Party frosh.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image82
          Evan G Rogersposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good ol' liberals! They cry over the less fortunate, and then when a republican cries, he's a wuss!

(Don't worry, i make fun of conservatives just as much).

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Boehner cries at the drop of a hat.
    He cries like a girly-man.
    Don't get me wrong. The guy's between a rock and a hard place.
    He's got his seasoned GOP representatives who know how the game is played. Then he's got this HUGE freshman class of Tea Party hardliners. They were elected to slash the budget and they are serious as a heart attack about accomplishing that mission.
    Take no prisoners! Just cut, cut, cut and damn the consequences.
    Oh, and while you're at it, we have this ideology about abortion that needs to take center stage.
    Even though Planned Parenthood is ALREADY prohibited -- BY LAW -- from performing abortions using federal funds -- these zealots are not satisfied. They want to shut PP down entirely.

So yeah. Boehner's got a mess on his hands...

working