Veterans "stabbed in the back."

1. lovemychris profile image80
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

"This week, the GOP, the “folksy” name given to the Republican Party, did what every educated and rational person expected, moved to cut over $100 billion in military veterans support over the next decade beginning by ending health care for over 1.3 million American heroes.

This isn’t meant to offset hard choices for a more deserving group but rather to underwrite continued tax abatements for corporations and “high net worth” individuals.

The majority of veterans and nearly all military retirees support the Republican Party.  The “mainstream” veterans groups that receive large government subsidies, the ones who run gambling clubs and cheap bars but, in fact, do damned little else, are, in fact, part of the Republican Party.

They are now squealing like stuck pigs at this betrayal, or at least making the sounds.  In fact, though leading their membership to utter ruin and not for the first time, they are getting exactly what they expected, what they knew was coming and what they worked hard for but hide from their membership.

“Mainstream” veterans groups have been little but corporate “shills” since their inception.  Some supported Hitler, some were partially founded by Mussolini and the most powerful of them have been stabbing veterans in the backs all along."

1. tritrain profile image78
      tritrainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As a vet myself this kind of stuff annoys me.

I can understand why they want to do this though.  The expenditure of healthcare and rehab is going to continue to be "inconvenient", especially as our government needs to cut costs.

We've dug ourselves into a real nice hole with all these wars and excapades around the world. 

How about investing in things in our own country? 

It really is like being stabbed in the back....