jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Christians Are Trying to Leave Egypt in Large Numbers

1. AnnCee profile image80
    AnnCeeposted 5 years ago

because they fear the future there.   They are not being included in talks about the future.  Mubarak was a stabilizing force in the Middle East and I'm sure the world will regret the "side of history" Barack Obama, in his infinite wisdom, has decided to plop down on.

2. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

This is a worrying situation that is for sure but to blame Obama is a bit rich, guess all the protesting people who were demanding a murderous dictator be ousted are not responsible for their own actions but rather Obama is for thinking that the world would harshly judge America for supporting a murderous dictator. The man cannot do anything right with situations like this, if he sat back and did not support the people demanding freedom to choose their leader (dictators, as it would seem they want?) he would likely be criticised for that, support the people not the dictator and he gets slammed for that too. I much prefer to criticise the guy for things like breaking his promise to close gitmo or his promises of transparency that he has failed to deliver on as he actually did wrong there.

As for the people choosing yet another dictator to rule and probably murder them someday, well my heart hurts for them and goes a long way toward explaining my complete lack of respect for religion. Theirs seems to have taught them to put men in places of such powers as to be God like hmm

3. AnnCee profile image80
    AnnCeeposted 5 years ago

Obama's decision to go against a long time ally of the United States has undermined the trust all of our allies have in the United States.   Yes, he was pushed into a corner on this.   And that's where he stayed.

It is a terrible situation for these Christians who have been in Egypt for generations.  Maybe Obama will stand up for them?

4. lovemychris profile image78
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

Why do you not stand up for the Christians in Palestine Ann?
    Why are you one-sided in all things Middle-East?

The problem is, they replaced Mubarak with Mubarak II.
    He is no different...probably worse.

And Mubarak was an ally of Neo-Con Ameria, not regular America. Not by a long shot.