jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Man must be controlled...

1. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 6 years ago

Does China have it right?
    Why or why not!
    Qwark

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
      Mighty Momposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know about man, but I definitely believe men must be controlled! lol

1. Michael Willis profile image77
        Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hmmm, isn't that why we have women?

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
          Mighty Momposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wish all men would see it your way, Michael Willis.smile

That's why we have war, that's for sure!

1. Michael Willis profile image77
            Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol, some men are "smart enough" to let the women have their way.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
              SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

..yes...women rule big time!....wazzzup Qwark!...haven't said hi in a while....

2. recommend1 profile image71
      recommend1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

If they don't they will damn soon buy the one you have !!!

What are you talking about ?

hey R1...mornin'...he's talking about wimen ruling things or sumthin' like that...you know the gig....we rule!  big_smile

1. recommend1 profile image71
          recommend1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

A guy asked god why he made women so beautiful, he said "so that you will love them", the guy then asked god why he made women so stoopid, god said "How else would I get them to love you!"

Know your place SOH !!  men rule, and before you ask, yes, I did ask Sukie first !

lol...you callin' me stooooopid?...Sukie too?.....seeeeeeriously.....good to hear yor theory.................................................but we still ruuuuuule!...and know how to make you feel smart!.......mornin' again!....

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

If humankind lived by their conscience, through awareness and learning, then humankind would have no need to be restricted or controlled in any manner.

But, since it is easier to be dishonest than it is to be honest, then the oldest preconceived notion that humankind must be forced(made) to answer to a higher authority(god or government) will remain in place. wink

3. secularist10 profile image89
    secularist10posted 6 years ago

The answer is: it depends.

As a general rule, a society that is primitive, backward, ignorant and underdeveloped needs a greater amount of oversight and management than a society that is well-developed, enlightened and rational.

This is why a society like Afghanistan is not ready for democracy (at least many parts of it are not), and why it is foolish to try to transplant first-world, democratic, rational-bureaucratic institutions onto Afghanistan. These institutions took centuries to develop in the western world. Centuries of internal debate, squabbling and trial and error.

Yet American policy makers seem to think that they can simply transplant institutions that are suited to a 21st century post-industrial secular society onto a 15th century pre-industrial fundamentalist one.

Man must be controlled in certain circumstances. And we should be honest about that. The key is understand that the situation is fluid. There is no one single thing called "human nature" that is unchanging forever and ever. As man becomes more rational, more competent and more enlightened, he requires more freedom and less control (from government, from religion, from tradition, and from a variety of controlling influences) to realize his full potential.

The Chinese population, in the aggregate, is rapidly reaching a stage of not needing such control and management. Many parts of China have already surpassed that stage. That is why freedom in China will become increasingly urgent in this century.

Theoretically, Afghan society will some day be ready for democracy and freedom as well, perhaps in 100 years.

4. Alastar Packer profile image81
    Alastar Packerposted 6 years ago

Wise and accurate post Cagsil; but will the circle be unbroken or will humankind follow it's true destiny to the stars.

5. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

women have men under control and are always trying to retrain us.

working