jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

GOP Plan Will Punish the Poor, Obama Tells Facebook Friends

1. AnnCee profile image79
    AnnCeeposted 5 years ago

PALO ALTO, Calif.  Looking to frame an epic debate over the role of the federal government, President Barack Obama lambasted a Republican budget proposal Wednesday as a "radical" vision that would break a long social contract to reward the wealthy while punishing the poor.

"Nothing is easier than solving a problem on the backs of people who are poor, for people who are powerless and don't have lobbyists or don't have clout," Obama said to applause in a town hall meeting at the headquarters of Facebook, the social networking site.

He used the invitation-only event before a friendly audience  moderator and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg volunteered his support for Obama's proposed tax increases and education policies  to launch his most pointed and personal criticism of the Republican proposal to cut federal budget deficits.

Obama chafed when asked if the Republican budget proposal deserves credit as bold and courageous  House Budget Committee Chairman Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., was the first to propose deep cuts in the deficit.

"The Republican budget that was put forward I would say is fairly radical. I wouldn't call it particularly courageous," Obama said.

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/04/20/1 … z1K7Pp2sKp

I'll bet he looked like this when he said it.  http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images-8/barack-obama-angry.jpg

2. dutchman1951 profile image61
    dutchman1951posted 5 years ago

Obama, is not interested in the poor. He is Interested in using them.

Dig through the Chicago papers and follow his good deeds as a Political Activist, sorry "Community Organizer"

Ask yourself, when his work was finished there, How did those folks get left? 

You'll have you answer as to what he really is..!

1. 61
      33rdn8thposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not really getting your point.  Please explain.

1. dutchman1951 profile image61
        dutchman1951posted 5 years ago in reply to this

My point is  he is a manipulative person, very keen to organise the poorer folks in mass promising them the moon, they block vote him in. He plays the electorate game, goes for the states with highest poor and highest electorate college votes, manipulates the election. Then the poor get a small token hand out and his ego tells him he has saved them.

Same with the College age kids, he lets the radical professors hype the situation, then plays them for a vote. They mass up and get destroyed after they graduate. They don't find it out till then!

Do the math, no Jobs, and Jobs available are 29-34,000 a year. Most graduate with at least 50,000 debt from a reasonable school, they have not even bought their first place and the student loans are equal to a 150,000 house payment????? 

and No growth, no expansion of Jobs here now. all of our manufacturing is splinterd sense Reaganonimics, all of it off shore or across borders.

Thats 4 years of high debt and hard work just to say; "Do you want fries with that mam!"

He is Daily Old school mentality with help manipulating the internet.
        The poor will mass up, believe the lies, and then get left in the projects.

The naive Radical minded kids will also follow

Look at his causes on the South Side and how he left those folks. Nothing acomplished but a mass vote for him for Senate and a few aluminum windows to stop a cold draft in mid winter, nothing more.

He took the White House, What House did those good folks get?

He's not for America at all. he's an opertunist, a power broker, in the pockets of Bankers and investors.

2. AnnCee profile image79
      AnnCeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have looked at all of that, Dutch.  Before the election.   Too bad more people didn't.

I don't think his new buzz word, "compassion" is going to sell too well to that crowd.   He promised miracles.   

He's just another http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2779/4314657879_b3dc8c16f2.jpg

1. dingdondingdon profile image61
        dingdondingdonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

All politicians promise miracles. But when they try to deliver Republicans/Democrats (whichever is against them) block them, then their detractors sneer that they must have been lying all along. The President is not all-powerful.

3. dutchman1951 profile image61
    dutchman1951posted 5 years ago

He's a snake oil salesman Ann, you have him pegged.

and in truth he wants a deficit, to make his world wide immage pan out as a great man. The lower the dollar the more "He thinks- that they will get world parity, but he forgot one basic fact.

the US back in the 30's agreed with ohers to allow world currency to peg to the US dollar, not the Gold standard like people think.

The dollar was used because it could be manipulated easier than Gold could, and thus can flex, and allow Countries to flex with it.  The dollar remains tied to Gold yes, but world currency is tied to the amount of dollars floating on the money market. The more dollars printed the less value it holds. The less dollars available the higher the value of a single dollar. If we run a deficit the rest of the world keeps up..!

We are buying our own debt right now with printed dollars, to keep the QE 1 and 2 going  (Quantitive Easing = QE) here in the us, and they are considering more printing to make more dollars available for purchase.

thats the problem, countries are wising up, and asking for Solid Gold as payment now, they see the game well.

I wish people would really study what happend at those so-called famous meetings back then, it is an eye opener.

4. BillyDRitchie profile image61
    BillyDRitchieposted 5 years ago

Wow, Obama playing the wealth envy card.....who'da thunk it?

I can think of one or two forum posters who will be cheering this on quite rabidly.....