jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Save this man!

1. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

Sign petetion to help stop the execution of Troy Davis... http://fb.me/10JfiVMFc

You have to read this. It is a huge case of injustice!
    Even the Pope and Mikael Gorbachev called for Davis's release.

It is wrong wrong wrong. Please sign this and send a message: Justice means something!!

2. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago

The information I saw online said Davis has had two trials?  And a hearing last year, but he didn't take the stand nor did he call the witnesses to speak for him, even though some of them were in the courtroom.

And the article in your link makes an issue of the difference in race between Davis and the man who was killed.

There's just not enough information for the average person to call for his release.....unless the witnesses have given affidavits since 2010?:

1. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This'll do for me -

"In hopes of exonerating Troy after 10 years of imprisonment, his lawyer submitted each piece of evidence at the hearing. And each piece of evidence was rejected by the judge. Despite noting that the case against Troy was not "ironclad," he nevertheless refused to grant a new trial."

1. 0
        Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The article on that site may say that, but the information on Wikipedia says Davis's defense neglected to call the most key witness, and that some of the others weren't found credible.
        And especially that the witnesses' recantations weren't even officially submitted?   Isn't that the info that can be found?   So it seems to be mostly hearsay versus the findings of the courts...

2. Cagsil profile image82
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

John, the man has had two trials. He was found guilty both times? To overturn a conviction by trials of peers, the evidence must be concrete against his guilt, beyond a reasonable doubt, which is how he was found guilty.

Just saying.

1. John Holden profile image61
          John Holdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, looking at things in more depth, there does seem to be a very reasonable doubt as to the man's guilt.

3. getitrite profile image81
    getitriteposted 5 years ago

Just knowing that there have been death row inmates who have been exonerated through DNA evidence recently, just makes it immoral to continue the practice.

4. BillyDRitchie profile image59
    BillyDRitchieposted 5 years ago

I'm wondering if the NAACP would be so quick to step up if it were a white guy who allegedly murdered a black officer.

I smell feigned outrage here.

Nonetheless, if that many witnesses have recanted their testimonies, the case bears another look....

1. lovemychris profile image79
      lovemychrisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No feigned outrage, as you accuse.
      I live here in America--born in 1960.
      I've seen enought real outrage to make me sick.

gee--maybe since the Pope is white and Gorbachev is white--you might take this into consideration?

Troy's sister has been fighting for him since his incarceration. Google has a lot more info on this...it's a clear case of Injustice. And he will die for it, if it's not stopped.

I saw first hand how racism sent an innocent man to prison.
      Felt first hand the hatred directed at those of us who spoke up about it...real hatred, like satanic sh*t.

It happens ALL the time.