jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Trump - swearing openly on a video I saw on You Tube

1. PK2010 profile image88
    PK2010posted 5 years ago

Charity begins at home, this has always been my take on how good and exemplery behaviour transcends to an individual.

Offices of high repute such as that of the president command respect and the people who fill those shoes are seen as role models for the young people and future leaders of our society.

So you can imagine my shock when I heard Donald Trump, an aspiring presidential candidate for the Republican party open his mouth and use such foul language as "MF" and "effing" on a video on You Tube.

I could only think of one thing, that's the result of too much money which has gone to his head? And a lack of respect for the people he was addressing.If he had any respect for himself and the audience he wouldn't even think of using such foul language in his speech.

Politics is a matter of opinion, but does the Trump really make for a good role model in the light of his loose tongue?

1. laneanders profile image60
      laneandersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

He is ridiculous.  I don't believe he will run for office.  If he does he will do more harm than good.  He's just a public spectacle.  Far to egotistical for his own good.  The fact that he is thrown in with Republicans cracks me up. 

As a Republican I can look at the man and tell that he is not a Republican.  If he runs as an independent (because he will not receive the Republican nomination) Obama will definitely win.  He will pull just enough of the Republican vote away to make it a clear cut victory.

Trump is only doing this to increase his publicity.  He enjoys the spotlight and thrives on attention.  If the media stops thrusting him to the forefront he will slowly go away.  "The Donald" has always thought far to much of himself.

1. Jed Fisher profile image88
        Jed Fisherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well I say, it is Freedom of Speech!
        Refreshing, bold, grounded in the things that matter. All that hoidy-toidy nonsense, America can no longer afford it. Yes, the truth hurts. Travel outside the US and see the blood-suckers who rip us off, you'll be using those same words, and worse, to describe them.
        And anyway, the concept of "dirty words" came about when the French-speaking Norman conqueres didn't want their castle-servants speaking English in their presence. And since certain words were not taught to the servants, such as "F---" and "S---" for example, because the topic never came up in conversations between master and servant. (e.g. the saying "pardon my French") Those words, for some stupid reason, continue to be "Bad Words" today.
        So I say, Trump used some dirty words, So What!

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

i saw that too!
    i think i watched him giving a speech in Arizona--i came in towards the end.he was saying all kinds of *!?% words...
    yeah I'm sure the president curses from time to time,but a  public figure who wants to be President,should try to be a role model ,at least in public.There are children watching too.