bush declines???? are you freeking kidding me???

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (41 posts)
  1. stclairjack profile image77
    stclairjackposted 12 years ago

obama has formaly invited george w to the ground zero moment this week, to take part in commemorating the nations loss and recent victory,.... and the ignoramus declines????

i'm speachless,... utterly speachless,.... as a repulican, dissafected as i am for the last few years,... i'm possitively flabbergasted,...

what say you?

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
      Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL stclairjack. You seem to have a new admirer (I reported her and hope you did as well).

I can think of a LOT of reasons Bush would decline to attend.
      Top of the list: Guilt.

stclairjackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

who may i ask is my new admirer and why would this person need reporting if i do not know who they are?

her name is cynthia and she spammed your thread. She sent you a blatant come-on!!
          I see it has already been removed.
          She also did the same thing to stevennix on one of his threads. He was as puzzled as you.
          We have more than enough hos already on HP. We don't need no spammy cynthias muscling their way in lol!!!

wow, we have incredibly observant little thought police here,... i should liked to see it at least,... this thing that so threatens the life of hubbers,... i should like to have seen it,....

and in my world,.... spam is a canned mystery meat served best with cheese after grilling on a bun,..... spam burger!,.... its like white trash ambrosia.

1. Doug Hughes profile image59
              Doug Hughesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's not fair. The only come-ons I ever get are from gay republicans.

holy crap! thats hillarious! you have no idea how hard i'm laughing in my desk chair right now!!!!!!!,.... my dog is staring at me like i just hit the edge! ha!

Your dog just wants a bite of your grilled spam sammie! lol
                  Spam is also a revered delicacy in the Hawaiian culture. I don't understand it, but they just LOVE their spam (Tongans and Samoans as well!)

my dog,... a beagle to be exact,.. already had his share of my dinner,... 1/4 of my fresh ground pork burger with purple onion, tomato, cucumber and lots of horse radish sauce,... on a grilled onion bun,..... deep fried asparugus on the side....

i'm not a happy republican,.... but i'm a happy little foodie!

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59
                Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Inviting you to  the log cabin?

3. habee profile image93
                habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are gay Republicans?? Who knew! Well, we've been saying they needed to make the tent larger...

good god,... tent jokes,... i must,... resist,... cannot .... tell,... horible,... off color jokes,...... damn.

2. Jonathan Janco profile image60
            Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

She mustve noticed there was no one on myspace anymore. The spammers scared everyone away. Hope that atrocity doesnt happen here.

ok, i'll bite,.... i'm horribly NOT tech savy,.... wtf is spam?????

i'm assuming its not the heavenly samich of which i spoke earlier.

1. Jonathan Janco profile image60

Spam is a file that appears to be something it isn't. Usually it'll come in a Trojan Horse like a msg from someone who appears to want to date you. The file will turn out to be a virus or more often a spying mechanism that'll allow someone from a distance to hack into your computer or different internet accounts.

Bad stuff . . . stay away

well now my self esteem is totaly shot,... i dont even get spam that wants to date me! ha!

thanx 4 the 411

1. Jonathan Janco profile image60

Well, you're a woman, right? Women don't get the seductive spams, generally speaking. Atleast, that's what I've been told. Men however are vulnerable to messages like that.

2. sn53Anon profile image59
      sn53Anonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps he has to wash his hair.

more than likely he has to wash his tear stained pillow

1. tammybarnette profile image60
          tammybarnetteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I hadn't heard that, I am in complete shock. Never been a supporter of GWB but sure didn't expect that! And all the republican sites say Obama is arrogant:)

the dito heads can put a spin on it such as not wanting to steal the spot light or not wanting to horn in on obamas acomlishment,.... but if it looks like you got pissed, took your ball, and went home,.... well,... then you look like a pouting baby ass,....

i hate that i'm saying this about a person that i think most of us could realy like personaly,.... but politics is not all there is,.... and this is just pure politics,... the repubs just dont want to acknowledge a score for O.

it all seems petty and yes,... arogant.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image59

Bush is hiding in his high walled, barbed wire surrounded desert compound.

maybe we should send in seal team 6 after him! ha!

4. hottopics profile image60
      hottopicsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

President Bush is doing the right thing. Going to WTC for Obama is for one reason, TO CAMPAIGN!!!!! He should just be pleased with himself and all invloved in this successful mission and just SHUT UP. We already have people questioning the decision, who should get credit, the administration changing the story about the raid several time. Bottom line is who cares WE GOT BIN LADEN AND NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!!

in a perfect world i agree with you compleetly,... but if i had been big enough to invite my predassessor to the moment of remembrance only to have him decline the offer,... id be plenty ticked,... the larger moment is for the american people and we seem unable to set asside partisanship to give the nation that moment,.... never stop campaigning,... so its no wonder we have no time to lead

5. profile image58
      C.J. Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What does he gain by going? How much would that cost the tax payer? Look, just cause he declined doesn't mean the conversation didn't go something like this...

Obama: Hey George, look we are going to do this thing down at the WTC memorial site. I'm going to look like an ass if I don't invite you, but I think it's a distraction if you attend. So could you take one for the team here?

George: No problem Mr. President. Your right, it would be a distraction and hell half of Texas is on fire right now. So go ahead and let the press secretary know it's ok to say...I did not accept the invite. P.S. DON'T Say "Mission Accomplished"

Obama: Carney! Get in here!

WHPS Carney: Yes Mr. President.

Obama: Hold on a sec George.

George: No problem Mr. President.

Obama: Carney, tell those speach writers to scatch the "Mission Accomplished" from the speach.

Carney: yes sir.

Obama: George, look thanks for you help on this take care.

George: No Problemo Barry!

So here we see that two men are being statesmen. The only ones reading into it is the voting public and of course the media.

if he conversation went like that,.... good nuf 4 me

6. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

President Bush is not going to grandstand, or help Obama to Parade around Ney York.  He is not that stupid.

2. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 12 years ago

He will be busy updating his facebook page. Then I'm sure he will want to dodge the media for a while while the whole Bin Laden thing dies down. I'm sure he will be looking for someplace to play golf, as he did just days after 911.

3. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

As for the actual issue being discussed, I believe it's simple partisanship.

you are far more diplomatic about it than i am,... i assure you

4. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

I can only think of three reasons why he would do this.

1.  He's either really really busy with other things to even bother with this commemoration.

2.  He's too bitter that it wasn't under his watch that Bin Laden was caught, so he's being a poor sport about it.

3.  He knows something that we don't, and probably doesn't want his name attached to it.

too buisy to aknowledge the single most important moment in the last 10 year teror saga??? i think not.

too bitter that it didnt happen on his watch?,.... that sounds more close to believable

and if he knows something that we dont,.... its that he didnt get it while he was at the helm,.... thats what he knows.

i'm just very dissapointed in that petty partisanship is taking a higher rung than american unity,.... its just not real leadership.

He most definitely knows something we don't.
        And don't forget the family frienship between the Bushes and the bin Ladens. Maybe he thinks it would be disloyal or something.
        Then again, he may have an issue with going to Ground Zero. He might not get an open-armed reception, if you get my drift...
        I think this has stirred up emotions/memories for a lot of people. They want to focus on the NOW and the FUTURE, not go back to the horror of 9/11. Can we blame them???

no disrespect intended,... but no more with the conspiracy theory stuff,... there is no illuminati,... no new world order,.... and this ingorant callifate or how ever you spell it BS that glenn beck is spouting,.... uhg,.... i lose brain cells every time these people open thier mouths,....

and if i'm gona kill brain cells i'm gona do it the old fashiond way damnit! i'm going to drink!

its late in my time zone, and i gota clock in with my best fake smile tomorow,....

gnite all

5. Mindtrapz profile image59
    Mindtrapzposted 12 years ago

President Bush told me to give a statement in his behalf:

I am plum glad that President Obamas asked me to come and comm..commenra....celebreate the fact that Usama has been killed. I will never forget that day when I was reading that book in that classroom. I said to myself...George...um...this is one good darn book! It is for those reasons and those reasons alone that I will not be attending the gala at Ground 1. Me and Barb give you best wishes! Wait my wife's name is Laura...I was just joshing yall!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59

lol

Outstanding humorosity hat guy.

2. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL!

3. stclairjack profile image77

lmao!

6. Moderndayslave profile image59
    Moderndayslaveposted 12 years ago

Too much to remember without Cheney feeding him info.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)